• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop Trail Max 2

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had the rear one in the first 71 I owned, came that way...

Worked well.

Can be made to fit your application. Decent seats from my experience

Will check if I have any pics somewhere

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I have the low back trailmax 2 classic and am very happy with them. Can't beat the price and I wanted a stock looking low back for my lubr. I used 1.5" steel u channel to mount and they sit super low even with sliders. I'm pretty sure the high backs have identical mounting to these low backs.

Attachments

• 20171213_165548.jpg
    20171213_165548.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 121

dedgar

I've had two already. the gray and toms new parchment. They work great. easy to install and fold and tumble. I have the gray one for sale if you're in so cal. I'd recommend them.

OP
OP
S

Sminter33

Loc.
Macomb, IL
I have the low back trailmax 2 classic and am very happy with them. Can't beat the price and I wanted a stock looking low back for my lubr. I used 1.5" steel u channel to mount and they sit super low even with sliders. I'm pretty sure the high backs have identical mounting to these low backs.

So you had no issues mounting them? I have seen a lot of people using the rear one but not many having them in the front. Thanks!

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
So you had no issues mounting them? I have seen a lot of people using the rear one but not many having them in the front. Thanks!

Nope, used u channel to span to most of the original mounting points. The one or two I couldn't hit I used grade 8 plates underneath. If you wanted to weld cross members, you could hit them all.

1buckeyefan1

Nope, used u channel to span to most of the original mounting points. The one or two I couldn't hit I used grade 8 plates underneath. If you wanted to weld cross members, you could hit them all.

Did you use the factory sliders on the Bestop seats, or aftermarket?

I have a set of 2 fronts & rear fold & tumble, waiting to be installed. I'm not quite ready to install them, but definitely looking for some solid ideas for front (and rear) brackets. ie, junkyard finds, custom brackets, or anything else you might have adapted? I'd be even more grateful for pictures!

OP, I bought the following:
Bestop 39461-15 TrailMax II
Bestop 39460-15 TrailMax II
Bestop 39439-15 TrailMax II.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Did you use the factory sliders on the Bestop seats, or aftermarket?

I have a set of 2 fronts & rear fold & tumble, waiting to be installed. I'm not quite ready to install them, but definitely looking for some solid ideas for front (and rear) brackets. ie, junkyard finds, custom brackets, or anything else you might have adapted? I'd be even more grateful for pictures!

OP, I bought the following:
Bestop 39461-15 TrailMax II
Bestop 39460-15 TrailMax II
Bestop 39439-15 TrailMax II.

I used the bestop sliders. You can easily hit the rear seat braces and the front with u channel. I had to have a custom passenger right front bracket made and use a plate there because it didn't hit original seat braces under the floor board. My brother in law is a great fab guy and made me the bracket. After I did it, my neighbor came up with some stainless unistrut from his work that would have been another viable, very adjustable option.

OP
OP
S

Sminter33

Loc.
Macomb, IL
I'm assuming all of the brackets and things come with the seats? There isn't anything else that needs to be ordered is there? I know I'll have to do some fabrication here and there, but was curious if other parts were needed from the start. Thanks!

dedgar

I'm assuming all of the brackets and things come with the seats? There isn't anything else that needs to be ordered is there? I know I'll have to do some fabrication here and there, but was curious if other parts were needed from the start. Thanks!

I didn't want to drill holes in my bed so I made special brackets for the back that used the existing holes from the bench seat for the fold and tumble. It's been working fine for the past 8 years or so.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL

There's no brackets. These would bolt directly through a jeep floor.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Custom brackets and a blank slate in my glass truck
They look nearly identical to the Toms seat package, Which come with brackets to mount. Wonder if their mounts would work with best top seats?

5fc450c49b1c4f23fc715511f9ad2ccd.jpg
2fbb5535fef573be248142390f6fb53c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk