• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pre-Release Pricing on Pre-Runner Fenders!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Now that WCB's rear Pre-Runner Fenders just about ready for release, we'd like to offer a pre-release special price on them to reward those who've been waiting so patiently for them while at the same time trying to recoup part of the tooling cost (which was pretty steep I gotta say!). We will offer this pricing to anyone who calls and orders before noon on Wednesday of next week (October 22). After that the price goes to regular retail. If you already have our front fenders, this is a great opportunity to get the matching rear ones you've been waiting for, and save some dough. If you need both front and rear, we've put the fronts on sale too so nobody's driving around looking like a dually!

Price Per Pair--SPECIAL--(REGULAR)
NEW Rear Pre-Runner Fenders--$449.95--($599.95)
Front Pre-Runner Fenders-- $399.95--($499.95)

As you can see, we're knocking $150 off each rear set and $100 off each front set. That's not peanuts! If you've been jonesin' for a set of our fronts and/or waiting for the rears, this is the time to take advantage, as this is a ONE TIME deal. After this the price goes to what you see above as the regular price. We may occasionally offer special discounts but they will never be nearly as deep as this.

One caveat is that we don't yet know shipping costs yet. Our front fenders ship oversized, with a dimensional "weight" of 111 lbs. per pair. The rear fenders should be a little more, but I won't know until we actually try to box them up for shipment. So you will be taking a little bit of a shot in the dark with regards to shipping, but I do promise that we will not "pad" the shipping, it will be straight UPS (or freight) plus the cost of the box(es). Whatever the shipping turns out to be, chances are good that the discounts offered above will offset most, if not all of it.

Photos of the first article, production parts:

DSCN7305.jpg

DSCN7300.jpg

DSCN7268.jpg

DSCN7275.jpg

DSCN7277.jpg

DSCN7279.jpg

DSCN7286.jpg

For those who missed the other thread, these are WCB's long-awaited rear fiberglass pre-runner fenders, made to complement our front pre-runner fenders. They're made to overlay the rear quarter section (because you can't fully remove the upper portion of the rear tub) or work as stand-alone bedsides on buggies and race trucks. The rear fenders have a 4" flare as opposed to the 6" flare on the fronts.

Thanks, and if you're interested in getting in on the pre-release pricing give us a call before Wednesday 10/24 at noon! Our phone number is (760) 369-4126. We only have two lines so if its busy please try again :)

Dusty

Last edited:

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
see thats not fair...i dont have the money to do that right now... i guess ill have to wait until the next mass buy... hint hint..

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Hey, I like those! Should some unforseen encounter occur between my quarters and some immovable object, I will give those some thought.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
UPDATE: I picked up the first articles today for the actual produciton parts. I replaced the tooling photos in the first post with new photos of the actual part. I will be having them do some minor tweaks before going into full production, such as leaving more overage around the edges so you can mark and cut them to fit exactly to the edge on each individual Bronco, such as at the door post, along the bed rail and the tailgate.

Here are a few more photos:

DSCN7309.jpg

DSCN7311.jpg

DSCN7313.jpg

Note that these are hand-laid with fiberglass cloth, not a chop gun.

One additional note on these as I've fiddled a little with them just placing them temporarily onto the race Bronco to take these photos: I think they're going to work best on full-body Broncos if you cut the taillight corner off at the vertical seam. They did a pretty good job on the fit but its very difficult to make every contour match exactly, I think the thickness of the part at the edge of the taillight housing, where you will see it against the contour of the stock tailgaite, might annoy some people. That's why we had the foresight to make sure the flare/bulge in the fender ended at that vertical seam, so you could cut off the corner and install without it. On tubed rigs where this piece will constitute the entire bedside, you would of course retain the corner on the fiberglass part. Who knows, some people might want to run the full glass corners even on their full body rigs, the cool thing is that this design gives you that option.

Thanks to those who have jumped in on the pre-release pricing offer so far. Get in on it while you can, it expires next week! BTW, I'll try to get the sample pair boxed up today to get some shipping dimensions so we can estimate freight on these.

Dusty

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Dusty, can you post up a pic with these and a set of inserts instead of doors? Not sure what you have around the shop, colors dont matter.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Hey Dusty, can you post up a pic with these and a set of inserts instead of doors? Not sure what you have around the shop, colors dont matter.

Sure, how about this:

DSCN7319.jpg

DSCN7323.jpg

DSCN7325.jpg

Obviously all the body pieces are just loosely set onto that tub, not snugged up and massaged. That should give you an idea though. I happen to think it looks killer!

Dusty

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
By the way Tito, if we send you some of these you have to sign an agreement that you won't paint them pink.

:0

Dusty

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
By the way Tito, if we send you some of these you have to sign an agreement that you won't paint them pink.

:0

Dusty

Hahahaha, no promises bud, no promises ;D

That looks pretty slick Dusty! I am not a fan of the pre-runner look honestly but if done right might just work ;D I think that could work right there. Dang it, Shawn predicted I'd turn my rig into a pre-runner...haha...no wont change mine but might have to work towards making one, that dry kern river calls my name every time I pass over it!!!!!

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Thanks Josh, we realize they're not for everyone. Out where we are we walk a fine line between rock-crawlers and the desert racing crowd. Yeah we're in the heart of the So Cal desert racing scene, but we're also only 17 miles from the Hammers. So we try to cater to both, but every part doesn't necessarily apply to both.

Scott, thanks for your compliments too! I knew you'd get a kick out of seeing them with roadster inserts.

Dusty

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
Would it be possible, safely to make them permanent?
I think they look rocking, dusty. You guys did another good job.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Would it be possible, safely to make them permanent?
I think they look rocking, dusty. You guys did another good job.

Yes you can attach them with epoxy or glass them in. That's what Scott intends to do. On Coco (my wife's Bronco) I'll be cutting the taillight corners off (from the fiberglass bedside) and just attaching the fender portion with Dzus fasteners, making them easily removable/replacable.

Dusty

Redleg06

Hardtop

Hey Dusty,

I think these fenders look great! I've been lusting after a set for the front for a while, but couldn't figure what to do to give the rear the same look. I had a little fun in Baja and need to do a little body resto right now so now these might be what I'm after, but I have one question. Do you think these fenders can be run with a hardtop, or would all that drilling and weight sitting on them just be asking for trouble?:p

Thanks

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
You probably won't want to sandwich the fender overlay between the bedrail and the top. But you should be able to cut the fiberglass bedside right at the line where it would go under the top.

Dusty

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Got my bodysides last night....they look great. Very nice quality.

I have to unbolt and jack the body up to get them on as the ends of my rear bumper are tight to the corners of the truck (and the bumper is welded in place.) It will take me awhile to get around to this (too cold out to work on the truck.) so I won't have any pics for awhile of how they fit.

Great to have these finally on the market....thanks again Dusty.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Has anyone installed a set yet? I would like to see a set on a customer truck if anyone has done it?
Thanks
Dennis

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
The discount mentioned at the top of this thread is long gone however we do have a couple of specials that we've been offering sort of unofficially. First, if you already own our front fenders, we'll knock $100 off a set of rears for you. Or, if you buy a complete set (front and rear) we will knock $100 off your purchase.

A good thing we found out recently is that they do "nest" fairly OK for shipping, that is we can fit a complete set (2 fronts, 2 rears) into a package that's not much bigger than what it takes to send just 2 fenders. Which is huge when it comes to shipping, since these are oversize and are charged based on dimensions rather than weight.

If anyone has completed the install on these yet we'd like to see photos too! I should be getting around to putting them on my wife's rig "Coco" sometime in the next couple of months but I'm sure someone will beat me to it. If anyone is thinking of getting some of these and can guarantee a quick install and paint job, send me a PM we might be able to work something out.

Dusty

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Hahahaha, no promises bud, no promises ;D

That looks pretty slick Dusty! I am not a fan of the pre-runner look honestly but if done right might just work ;D I think that could work right there. Dang it, Shawn predicted I'd turn my rig into a pre-runner...haha...no wont change mine but might have to work towards making one!

I told you, just a matter of time!! And yes I will admit I kind of dig the look with the inserts!%) Almost makes me want to do a buggy...........almost!!

Shawn

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Still too cold here in Michigan for me to get mine mounted up....It's the first thing I'm working on once it gets above 50 degrees. (They won't be painted for quite awhile though.)