• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaking axle seal Dana 30

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I topped off the front diff the other day and now have a drip of oil on the passenger side of my front axle off the knuckle . Any concerns about driving it the rest of the summer and fixing it over the winter when it's stored away from the salt? I can't see any reason not to, but wanted to check with the experts.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Nope no problem at all maybe it will keep the salt away ;D

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The only thing that keeps the salt away here is not driving until the roads are well washed by the spring rains. Thanks!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Just drive down a dirt road every once in a while, the oil and dust will make a paste and seal it it off....................... %) ;D

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Haha, it's got tons of leaks from sitting so many years. This winter I need to replace front axle seals and stop leaks in both diffs, the transmission and transfer case. Rear seals still looked good and pliable when I changed axle bearings this summer. They're not leaking.... Yet.