• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seeking clarity on Dual Tanks and Fuel Gauge

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
He put a garden hose male in a heater delete loop. Why? Who knows?
Because of effective marketing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCFY5W/
...replacing both SENDING units, new switch with the electrical conversion for the tank selector. Thoughts?
I think it's a lot of work & expense without a specific reason or benefit. With less work & cost, you can PROBABLY fix what you have. Until you KNOW a part is malfunctioning or dangerously worn, keep using it.
...redo these with the proper wire harnesses? Any suggestions there?
I wouldn't necessarily change the "harness" (all the wires draped around the vehicle); I'd just REPAIR the wiring problems. AFTER you get everything working right, you might decide to replace things that are ugly or fragile, but I wouldn't spend that time or money until I knew the truck was working well enough to justify investing in cosmetic repairs. This is all it takes to get rid of any wire nuts:

...private message you once I have them up.
That's not necessary - just post them in this thread. Everyone is here to help, so you'll get replies faster by keeping it here in the open forum. I'm certainly NOT the only person here who can help you ID things & fix problems. This thread explains another way to post pics, similar to what I just did:
http://www.supermotors.net/forums/thid-5972-how-do-i-post-pictures-sounds-and-or-videos

Last edited:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Not sure what kind of difference it makes but I just drove 3.5 hrs straight from bay to Tahoe averaging 65 mph and tranny temp stayed around 180-190 degrees. Not sure if that is high or not but was happy with how she drove on her first trip to the mountains.

No, it probably wouldn't make a difference on the highway, but stopped in traffic or boulder hopping, the under-hood temperature can get really hot. It seems to be a bad place for a tranny cooler.