• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Make bed flat for carpet

Millercorey

Just finished replacing floors and in process of finishing the bedliner on the tub. I'll be doing the home depot version of dynamat with the TBP carpet kit on top.

My question is about the ridges in the bed - how do I make that surface flat?

• use the rubber floor mat with the ridges under the carpet instead of the insulation
  • fill in each "depression" with some type of slat to raise it up - strip of wood the right thickness, strip of rubber, etc. ------ what's the best thing to use here???
  • double up on the sticky insulation in the "depression"
  • just put a sheet of something over the entire bed? If so, what?
  • let the carpet show the contours of the bed ---- FYI I think I hate the look of this

Adding wood anywhere on the floor makes me nervous about absorbing water under the carpet

Vincen

TBP has a floor mat to meet your needs.

Attachments

• 4299___Rear_Floor_Undermat.jpg
    4299___Rear_Floor_Undermat.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 97

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would just cut strips of the Dynamat/BoomMat/Home Depot mat and call it good.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
My '77 has a factory floor underlayment pad. It looks like a masonite board with raised strips glued & stapled to one side. It wouldn't be hard to make one with a table saw, glue and stapler.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I used the heavy duty JBG product in front half of the tub, then the (menard's in my case) duct insulation in the back half, bed mat still fits very well. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you'll be running a back seat -Jeff

PS pay no mind to the edges of the underlayment coming up, that's where I realized the hold down strip does not go all the way to the edge %)

Attachments

• bedmat2.jpg
    bedmat2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
  • bedmat1.jpg
    bedmat1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 59