• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

nsdq3

I notice that the AC compressor is used with the BC serpentine system. How are guys controlling it in the cab?

Also, is anyone using the the 6r80 floor shifter out of the F150? It a simple bolt in or need fab work.

nsdq3

One more quick question, why has no one used the f150 electric transfer case?

Hemmer

Quick question. I want to get the new crate coyote M-6007-M50AAUTO And I want to get a used 6r80 4x4 from eBay. Does anyone know the exact model number trans I need ? I know it needs to be the newer model 2017 and up I think.

Hemmer

Also if I use my existing return fuel system for the fox body 5.0 what regulator do you guys recommend I use ?

STalon89

I would call Jason at BC and ask him these questions. Im not entirely sure and Id hate to give you the wrong info.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nsdq3 - BC uses a Sanden compressor in their serpentine so nothing specific to the Coyote for AC in your Bronco. The BC/Vintage Air would work great.

The 150 floor shifter may work, but as with just about everything else, it's a custom install in the Bronco. I also think the t-case will not fit in the frame of an early Bronco.

Hammer - you would want a 4x4 transmission with the Mod motor bell housing, which I believe all the 6r80s have.

The fuel system with a return line will need a regulator that works with a vacuum source. Many aftermarket regulators will work. Look at Summit Racing for many EFI regulator options. Summit, Aeroquip and others.

nsdq3

Nsdq3 - BC uses a Sanden compressor in their serpentine so nothing specific to the Coyote for AC in your Bronco. The BC/Vintage Air would work great.

The 150 floor shifter may work, but as with just about everything else, it's a custom install in the Bronco. I also think the t-case will not fit in the frame of an early Bronco.

Hammer - you would want a 4x4 transmission with the Mod motor bell housing, which I believe all the 6r80s have.

The fuel system with a return line will need a regulator that works with a vacuum source. Many aftermarket regulators will work. Look at Summit Racing for many EFI regulator options. Summit, Aeroquip and others.

Thank you for the responses. I really only ask about the transfer case for two reasons, I love mine in my 2013 raptor and I was just reading about Ken Blocks bronco build where it was used. So I know it is "do-able", but anything is with an unlimited budget, which unfortunately I do not have.

Hemmer

Ok thank you. I have been on the phone with BC, tumblin and krawlers edge All extreamly helpfully. Tumblin has the least expensive parts. Does anyone have any experience with the tumblin headers, motor mounts or radiator ? Or any other parts from tumblin or krawlers edge? Thanks u.

STalon89

Ok thank you. I have been on the phone with BC, tumblin and krawlers edge All extreamly helpfully. Tumblin has the least expensive parts. Does anyone have any experience with the tumblin headers, motor mounts or radiator ? Or any other parts from tumblin or krawlers edge? Thanks u.

I have his headers and radiator setup. Headers are well done, havent fired the motor yet, but Im sure there will be no issues. They come in a matte gray coating. The radiator he sells will work fine, its much cheaper, but not as flashy as the big chrome 3 rows you see for sale on BC. Comes down to preference

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BC also modifies the Original Mustang Headers with a Ceramic Coat. Less than their headers and a good option.

Hemmer

Thank you. Am I to u understand that a 6r80 from an echo boost v6 will fit/work on a coyote engine ? Or does it need to be from an f-150 that had a coyote? Also does anyone know a good place to order used 6r80s?
Thank you

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hammer - I do not know what bell housing the V6 Ecoboost has. Just confirm it has the same as the Coyote.

wsager

Thank you. Am I to u understand that a 6r80 from an echo boost v6 will fit/work on a coyote engine ? Or does it need to be from an f-150 that had a coyote? Also does anyone know a good place to order used 6r80s?
Thank you

I've read that they have different bellhousings. The ecoboost has the duratec bellhousing pattern, while the coyote has the more classic mod motor bellhousing.

Internals may be able to be switched over. Also read that new 2x4 v8 6r80 case from ford is $216.00, so may be an option if you get one for the right price. More research would be needed.

Hemmer

63b8b0549099ae915e0f248739b05125.jpg

Hope I got the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemmer

Does anyone know what needs to be done for the stock mustang headers to fit ? And will 2011-2014 take off headers fit on a 2015 and newer ?