• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR MONTANA plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
2 sets of Bicentennial plates 1976 .plates expired in 1988 +89. According to DMV web site they are reassigned . You are to verify that,please.
$40.00 a set,or both for $65.00,shipped.

Attachments

• 20181015_162057.jpg
    20181015_162057.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20181015_162052.jpg
    20181015_162052.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 27

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Plates in Mt stay with the owner, they do not go with the vehicle . Once they expire they cannot be used again . Add to that every 6 years I think you automatically must buy new plates , regardless of their condition . They have an angle for everything ....:mad:

OP
OP
miikee73

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
That clear as mud to me. On the site it says older cars can register old plates to that car.
I hear what you say about staying with owner,but rules state owner my obtain old plates. Just thought they'd be cool on a '76.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
No Perm plates don't get replaced but last year (2017) when renewing registration you had to purchase new plates . While my truck was only 6 years old I think it's a 10 year thing actually .
As to these '76 plates know too if they could be reused they would have to be used in the county they were issued in . The first number indicates your county . 7 is the county , T is for a truck . None of my Bronco's have the T on my plates so one more issue here .

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I believe there is a provision for classic vehicles that you can use the same year plate as the vehicle, but I don't remember for sure. And as Steve stated, Broncos were not licensed as trucks, but it might be worth checking into anyway.

I thought the new plate law requires new plates every 5 years, where it used to be only when they updated the design. Now with so many different designs I think they had to pick a time frame instead. We just ran into that on my wife's car, which just turned 5 years old last spring. Permanent plates are exempt for some reason. I don't think plates go bad anyway unless they are damaged, but they needed to fund their new $20M facility somehow. %)

Sorry for the thread 'jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.