• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Bronco [Build / Refresh]

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I sold my 1970 and recently bought a 1976 Sport w/ 302 Crate Motor and C4 Transmission. A few surprises here and there but overall pretty solid and everything seems to work.

It's #42 in the Bronco Calendar Voting thread if you'd like to vote for it!

I've made decent progress in terms of the suspension, upgrading the easy to reach engine components, interior, soft top, and a few exterior cosmetics. I've posted pics and comments here and there but I went to get it all in one location.

Suspension: New WH 1.5" Lift Kit (Leafs, Coils, Shocks)
Wheels & Tires: 15 x 8 Pro Comps and 33/12.5/15 BFG ATs
Engine: New Ignition Coil, Alternator, Starter.
Interior: New TBP Premium Seats, Interior Panels, Carpet, Sound Dampening, Seat Belts, Wood Steering Wheel
Exterior: Rampage Top, Duff Rock Skis, Side Mirrors, Chrome Bumpers, SS Door Hinges, Head Lights, Marker Lights.

Based on how bad the old suspension was, the new suspension has been the best upgrade by far and while I liked the look of the vintage seats, I love the feel and adjustability of the new seats!

Current Projects: Adjusting the doors; Weatherstripping; Resolving Engine Stalling Issue
Upcoming Projects: 23 G Tank; FiTech, Krawlers Edge Family Cage; Heater Upgrade
For Sale: Original Parchment Front / Rear Seats; Hard Top; 15x8 Steel Rims, Original Chrome Side Mirror; New 4 Degree C Bushings

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1927 4.jpg
    IMG_1927 4.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Finally solved, I think anyway, my stalling issue .... Fuel filter and / or cooler weather! Below is what came out of the rear fuel filter ....

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Next on the schedule.

Attachments

• Image 10-17-18 at 11.18 AM (1).jpg
    Image 10-17-18 at 11.18 AM (1).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 137

JCBombardier

Nice!

I’m interested to hear your feedback on the KE cage. There’s been numerous discussions on how it stacks up safety-wise to other cages, but not much talk on fitment and overall satisfaction. Post up some detailed pics when you get it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Will do, should be mid to end of next week.

I researched this quite a bit. I didn't find anyone that didn't like it but there were plenty of opinions on the safety of this cage and cages in general. For my use, which is in town and minimal off road, I was comfortable enough to pull the trigger.

Nice!

I’m interested to hear your feedback on the KE cage. There’s been numerous discussions on how it stacks up safety-wise to other cages, but not much talk on fitment and overall satisfaction. Post up some detailed pics when you get it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good looking Bronco!

I was hoping you had a Roll Cage on your list.

I'd install the angled bar in the rear. "Triangles" are much stronger.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Roll Cage 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Roll Cage 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 124

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BGBronco - All of mine are built with DOM tubing, Ties into the Windshield Frame, has Large feet and matching Plates underneath. These Plates can have bars welded to the frame if preferred for additional strength.

The bolts seen at the top mount a Speaker pod on each side. Up and out of the way.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Picked up my Krawlers Edge Family Cage today and did a dry fit for the ride home. Very happy with the build quality and how it looks!

Attachments

• IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2647.jpg
    IMG_2647.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 203

Bill R

"For Sale: Original Parchment Front / Rear Seats; Hard Top; 15x8 Steel Rims, Original Chrome Side Mirror; New 4 Degree C Bushings"

Does the same mirror fit driver's side or passenger side?