• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sniper EFI?

la hi

Any Holly sniper EFI's out there on a 351W? How they doing, as I am looking to put one on my new 351w instead of a carb. opinions please? Hurry!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Looked at them at SEMA last year. Did EFI shopping looking at the $1000 price point. Holley, FiTech, FAST, someone else...

After talking to everyone, I liked the Sniper the best. Customer service has a great reputation. That is what I am planning on. You don't hear the problems that keep showing up on the fiTech. It has been a year and I am now ready to pull the trigger and get it. My big hold up, SEMA is in 2 weeks. If there is something new, something better, it will be shown at SEMA. I can wait 2 weeks for that.

EarlyBronc74

Loc.
Central Texas
Looked at them at SEMA last year. Did EFI shopping looking at the $1000 price point. Holley, FiTech, FAST, someone else...

After talking to everyone, I liked the Sniper the best. Customer service has a great reputation. That is what I am planning on. You don't hear the problems that keep showing up on the fiTech. It has been a year and I am now ready to pull the trigger and get it. My big hold up, SEMA is in 2 weeks. If there is something new, something better, it will be shown at SEMA. I can wait 2 weeks for that.

Or get a better price on a Sniper EFI ;D

But this is sound advice. If you can wait I would watch SEMA. Some guys from work are going and I have them on the lookout for Bronco stuff.

Outlaw Bronco

Loc.
Shenandoah, VA
I have one installed on a mild 351w and it has been flawless. Installed another on a mild 460 BBF and it also has been flawless. I prefer to use the timing control option, it works great.

The unit on the 460 is in a F350 dually and i towed our 32' fifthwheel camper on a 900 mile round trip on vacation. The sniper performed great under heavy load as well as stop and go traffic and every where in between. I just don't see how you could go wrong with these units!

Amac70

ME
got one on a mild 351 works fine, im using the dual sync distributor with it, i know they have come out with a sniper specific distributor now should make install even easier.