• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Vs. New Jeep

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
All I know is the damn top better come off Geesh..

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
All I know is the damn top better come off Geesh..

I feel the same way. I bet you, that's a plus, because less metal, whether it be a cheap aluminum, is better for FORD.

I guess the waiting game begins.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
My cousin is the design director of Ford Motor Company's Living Legends vehicle program. Maybe I can make some suggestions, but I'm sure they're obviously looking to attract the largest customer base, so what current Bronco owners suggest will have little impact. They want new blood.

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
So how do they determine the largest customer base?

Damnit, the hipsters are going to ruin the Bronco. Maybe, it's a bad idea to revive the Bronco.

Don't get me wrong, modern amenities are all good, but too much is over kill.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will say this, if Ford thinks they are gonna tap into the real 4x4 world with a IFS grocery getter that Jeep owns now, they are sadly mistaken, will they sale some, sure, but so did the new fj cruisers and look what happen to it.

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I will say this, if Ford thinks they are gonna tap into the real 4x4 world with a IFS grocery getter that Jeep owns now, they are sadly mistaken, will they sale some, sure, but so did the new fj cruisers and look what happen to it.

However, I wills say this...you do see a lot newer FJs out there, than the once revamped Thunderbird, but that's a conversation for another day.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Damnit, the hipsters are going to ruin the Bronco. Maybe, it's a bad idea to revive the bronco.

We have a winner. I'm not holding my breath that this thing will be anything other than an underpowered plastic pos with an independent font end. And good luck hoping for a removable top. Would I like to see it happen yes. Do I believe it will be anything like an eb no.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
My cousin is the design director of Ford Motor Company's Living Legends vehicle program. Maybe I can make some suggestions, but I'm sure they're obviously looking to attract the largest customer base, so what current Bronco owners suggest will have little impact. They want new blood.

I would tend to disagree with your take on this, perhaps you may know a little more however some points that have been made from the UAW is that Ford was wanting a piece of the *eep market and this is where the re-introduction of the legendary Bronco would have an impact. If they were looking for a new market, they already have that with the escape or explorer. Now if they truly intend to go after *eep and the wrangler, we all know the largest market share is the 4 door wrangler which has a removable top. Had it not bee a removable top it would be a Cherokee which all manufacturers have that market saturated. I would absolutely agree that Ford has a lot on the line here as it could be a hit with the enthusiasts or it could tank and it would be because of us enthusiasts. Sure it would sell because it is new and lets face it, if it comes at a price point that the new kids could afford, most new drivers today have no clue to what the Bronco is, what it means and why so many of us are so passionate about them. So my thoughts would be to look for a 4 door at least and it must have a removable top or it would miss the mark. A solid front axle, since a large portion of the *eep enthusiasts may not be true off roaders however because of its capability and the fact it is very common due to the solid front axle, however I would not shy away from IFS as I know the aftermarket would be fast to the table with a solid axle conversion if the vehicle is remotely based on rugged use like our first gen. EB's were. They have a lot to think about and time to do it. I would like to see a 2 door just for nostalgia reasons however if they do come to market with a 4 door you and it has a removable hard top you can bet your sweet dollar that one will be in my driveway and that Rav4 that is currently there will be history...

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I daily drive a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon, and LOVE it! I don't think the NEW Bronco will be anything close. I would bet it will not be a solid front axle, and that would kill it for me. I doubt it would be offered in a manual trans either. 4:1 transfer case or better, not a chance. Someone mentioned FJ, and that is what I believe the new Bronco will be like, and that is sad. I wish someone would build something to compete against the Jeep, but so far, nothing.....

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
/\/\ FJ Cruiser, that's a fine example of what I expect.

A marketing inspired prostitution of the Bronco name to cash in on nostalgia, like the FJ Cruiser did on the FJ40 while being nothing more than a hipster 'look at me, I'm so cool in this' street vehicle.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Looking at the current price of anything used that Ford has built over the last 50 years, it seems like EB sales has to have gotten Ford's attention. What other old iron is bringing like new prices? If people are paying stupid money for old ones why not try to sell something new that can capitalize on that level of interest?

If the new one is too much B2 & not enough EB it seems like it will miss that market.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
If they wish to compete with the *eep market, the top has to come off. Solid front axle may or may not be necessary but that is what I sure would like to see. A diesel option would be a home run for me. My wife drives a turtle (The FJ Cruiser) and it is hands down the best vehicle I have ever driven in a New England Nor'easter. It is not anything remotely like the FJ40 I had and had Toyota made their top removable, I think they would still be selling them today and Ford might think twice about a third entry into this market.

Other than it being built on the Ranger chassis, little is still known but I think at the end of the day I will be able to buy and totally rebuild a CB from bumper to bumper for less than the new Bronco will cost and it will give me everything I want. I do not hold hope that Ford will bring a retro Bronco back. They crashed and burned with the t-bird as was said earlier and I doubt it matters much what the Mustang looks like, they will always sell a crap ton of them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Damnit, the hipsters are going to ruin the Bronco. Maybe, it's a bad idea to revive the Bronco.

Don't get me wrong, modern amenities are all good, but too much is over kill.

totally agree, they'll ruin what was and is a classic...

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I just read another article that Toyota might give another whirl at an "FJ" like model, again. The vehicle market is going to be filled with SUVs. Healthy competition is good.

N747JB

As a Ford dealer, you guys get more information than I do, but I understand from the rumor mill that is going to be based on the new Ranger platform. I don't know the number of doors or the front axle, my one inside guy that has a confidentiality agreement just says, "you're gonna like it" ;) If anyone is expecting a 77 on a new chassis, I think you'll be disappointed. I am hoping for more of a 90's style on a smaller chassis with all the modern goodies. I am waiting as patiently as anyone, it's been talked about more than the rebirth of the T-bird, so hopefully it lives up to the hype! ;)

bbolander

It could be something really new based on the Ranger since they are taking so much time with it. Or, more likely, it will be Everest based (which is Ranger based). I looked around YouTube for current Everest videos. Other than not having the articulation we're used to in Wranglers and EB's, it's a very capable and nice street and off road vehicle. It is not just another CUV/SUV. A Bronco body on an Everest wouldn't be bad. There's a whole world out there with Everest competing and winning out against it's Nissan and Toyota counterparts. It's generally an "overlander" world rather than a "rock crawling" world. They don't seem to mind a wheel in the air or tire spinning for a moment before it grabs in.

matts460

In some ways history repeats its self? Bronco II became 4door explorer while still having full size Bronco. Fords going to have to reinvent the wheel this time around. Ford pretty much had a Bronco not long ago ie: My wife had a 2001 explorer sport 2 door, it was barely bigger than our 77 bronco probly just as capable stock vs stock, wish we would have kept it, it was damn handy truck. The Bronco nameplate removal was just a bad mistake for Ford. Ford could pretty much just make three types of vehicals F-series trucks, Bronco's and Mustangs. I do know that trucks like the Raptor technicaly work better as a regular cab but uh cant do that then you cant fit 5 people in it and that's going to be the problem with the Bronco its best as the original but uh gotta make it bigger for 5 people and 4door then uh we missed the point of the whole truck. lol kinda like the 4door jeep wrangler looks soo ugly and defeats the purpose of the desighn one that goes way back more than 50years! Mabey they should make 4x4 school bus so every body can go for a ride? Oh they did that too "Excursion" lol

panteramatt

I have to disagree there. The 4 door jeeps look badass and as long as the bronco comes in 2 door I definitly think they should come 4 door. Take my case. My wife drives a V8 mountaineer. We take friends and fam out but also tow and actually go off the road sometimes with it. Try that with the new explorer. Now we will be ready to get rid of it soon but will need a 4 door an my wife LOVES her bronco so much guess what she will want?