• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Help Shopping a Bronco in Grand Rapids, MI

gvsho

Hi - I fairly new to the forum but am looking for some help checking out a Bronco in Grand Rapids, MI.

I'm in general looking for a '76 or '77 since they were standard with PS and PB and a few other more modern amenities that the earlier models don't have. This one is a '73 but it seems like it was REALLY restored and already has the factory air and heat.

Here's my question...what am I sacrificing with a '73 that I would get with a '76 or '77? Here's a link to it if anyone cares to take a look and give some opinions.

https://grautogallery.com/vehicles/5694/1973-ford-bronco

This Bronco also gives an idea of what I'm looking for in general - daily driver (not quite daily but you get the idea) that still got the classic original look but maybe has been slightly lifted or beefed up looking. I don't mind doing a few smallish items but not looking for a project or even half a project. If anyone comes across anything along those lines, please consider dropping me a line.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone's willing to offer.
Greg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that looks way better than the other one. I see it does how power brakes but not discs on the front. very easy to add other than that it has all the same options as a 76/77 would have stock. the ac is a very nice upgrade, looks to have a new compressor. not too sure about them saying the weather stripping was replaced, if so there should be new paint behind it, I would think. not a big deal either. I don't really see any big red flags, other than the price, for me anyway;D
I would defiantly go to super cel, whether you buy one before or not

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
I don't think you're sacrificing anything with that 73 other than disc brakes, which Skiddy mentioned. And in the big scheme of things that's an easy upgrade. Plus those power drum brakes will stop those stock tires plenty. I'm running the same setup on my 73. Of course I don't wheel it or drive it in the rain currently also.

I would want to see some close ups of the floor pans. Also, the paint doesn't look new, which in my opinion is a good thing. Mechanically and aesthetically it looks very clean and not just thrown together. Just make sure there isn't rust in areas they aren't advertising.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Greg,
Yea, if you can get somebody to go over it real good for you that would be a great idea. All the black paint on the underside could be hiding stuff, or it could just be that it simply is sprayed black. Be sure to have someone check for rust! Otherwise much nicer than the other one you were considering.

I sent you a PM too. Check it out when you get a chance. If it's something you are interested in I don't mind you posting it on here for opinions. I just did not want to crud up your threads if it's not of interest.

Keep us posted,
Tyler