• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New shoes arrived yesterday

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Funny I always found that 28 psi is a sweet spot for all the broncos I have had. weather it has 35" tires or 31" tires. I have 35s on my 67 and it really dosent like pressure over 28 psi gets really jumpy.

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
That's just your suspension saying it wants Bronco love money too. Spend money on one part the other parts get jealous. The cycle never ends.

I sure hope not.....All my suspension is 5 years old or less. I replaced it all to get it driving better and it did. Handled great at any speed (0-75mph)

Fingers crossed it's just a PSI issue.....Rain and storms moving in today so I'll know more this weekend.

Tim

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let's see those mounted on the Bronco!

What size tire did you go with?

What Suspension lift?

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Let's see those mounted on the Bronco!

What size tire did you go with?

What Suspension lift?

Post #7 to see them on my rig...

Tire size is 285/70/17 They measure out to a 33 (OK, 32.91 inches per the specs). Section width is 11.50 and tread width is 9.09

Yes they're E rated.....I know I know I know.....but the only C rated MT in that size was Nitto's and WAY more expensive than the Mastercrafts $190 each to my door. My 351W can handle spinning the extra weight.

Lift is a 1 inch BL and 2.5 inch SL. On my test drive nothing rubbed.....

Tim

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool. I usually go 285/70/17 or 285/75 17 depending on lift.

Looks great! I like the look of a Half Cab with the Tire Carrier.

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Cool. I usually go 285/70/17 or 285/75 17 depending on lift.

Looks great! I like the look of a Half Cab with the Tire Carrier.

I looked at both sizes....I wanted to run the Mastercrafts and they don't make a 285/75/17 in the MXT

I hate to move away from the stock carrier (I love the look too) but there is no way it's going to stand up to this E rated 10 ply hanging off the back. My SNL is passing within a few miles of Bronco Hut this fall so I'm going to have him pick up a rear bumper with carrier for me. Saves me the shipping....every dollar counts.

Ran out at lunch today.....lower air pressure REALLY helped. Pressure is at 30psi cold and it drove almost like it did with the old tires.

Only thing is, it's a bit "nose happy". Get off the gas quickly, the nose dives (as it's always done) but she's a little squirrely before settling. Nothing crazy but just enough to catch your attention. Next stop, 28psi

Tim

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I just got my new ones this past week too and I do love the smell of new tires! Won't have the new rims for a couple of weeks :-(

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Hey RCM - what wheels are those. They look like a newer representation of my classic 70’s wheels