• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New build, question on rust "stuff" and old 6 cyl

dwedward

Loc.
Hinckley, OH
I am starting a rebuild of my 66, I have the body off the frame etc. Question is, has anyone used the Eastwood or similar stuff you spray on the inside of the frame, worth it ?

httphttps://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-internal-frame-coating-14oz-aerosol.html

I am planning on doing what I can see from either end, which is probably the worst of it anyway

Also, replacing the old 6 cylinder, ran well but too underpowered, is there a demand for those ?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Also, replacing the old 6 cylinder, ran well but too underpowered, is there a demand for those ?

not much of a demand for the 170 engine, may as well keep it in case you sell the 66 in the future. are you restoring it to original or lifting, V8 etc?

check with bronkenn he came up with some kind of contraption for coating the inside of his frame

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Where are you located? I've been rolling the idea of using a 170 to replace the little C60 cub engine in my mower tractor.

OP
OP
dwedward

dwedward

Loc.
Hinckley, OH
not much of a demand for the 170 engine, may as well keep it in case you sell the 66 in the future. are you restoring it to original or lifting, V8 etc?

check with bronkenn he came up with some kind of contraption for coating the inside of his frame
putting in a 302 or 351 unsure yet, I have a ford problem so both are laying about
Body is off the frame, lifting it, disc brakes, probably spray the interior, roll bar etc. trying to protect all metal, but I actually like the look of 50 years of wear and tear. The Bronco came out of Idaho so pretty good shape overall.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
putting in a 302 or 351 unsure yet, I have a ford problem so both are laying about
Body is off the frame, lifting it, disc brakes, probably spray the interior, roll bar etc. trying to protect all metal, but I actually like the look of 50 years of wear and tear. The Bronco came out of Idaho so pretty good shape overall.

yeah in that case the 170 ain't worth keepin, I've seen them from free up to maybe 100 bucks or so, and as you probably know you'll have to change the motor mount locations ;D have fun with it man!

OP
OP
dwedward

dwedward

Loc.
Hinckley, OH
yes, that makes sense, already cut off the mounts, thanks, will post when done, I haven't seen or done anything yet that adds to the knowledge that is already on the site.