• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

posting my build with pics

zenadog

Loc.
St. Louis mo.
I want to post pics of my bronco in progress, can I post them from my cell phone, and if so how? any instructions would be appreciated. I did pay my 12 bucks to start.

krdale

Loc.
Norway
Hey, you can easily do this with tapatalk pro, I have just done that with some photos to illustrate how. But my post is pending admin approval (not sure what that is) so should show up at some point.

krdale

Loc.
Norway
Otherwise to post within a web browser on your mobile you need to upload the photos separately and then link the url (web address of each photo) manually.. so better use an app

krdale

Loc.
Norway
Here’s how it looks like in the app, so you just hit the plus sign on the left and it lets you upload photos from your phone album.

21d7ee45aa0d2bfdd844a4ce813c02a1.jpg

398f8b4a6f9b8b77495ddf120e3d0fca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I want to post pics of my bronco in progress, can I post them from my cell phone, and if so how? any instructions would be appreciated. I did pay my 12 bucks to start.

Yes, you can upload directly from your phone if you're a Contributor, which you did sign up for. (Thanks!) You upload them the same way you do using your computer. (instructions here) You can either pick photos already on your phone or take them as you upload.

You can also use Tapatalk as krdale suggested. The only issue is that then the photos are hosted on Tapatalk, not here on the site. So if Tapatalk ever goes away or changes their policy or pricing structure the photos will be lost. (like Photobucket did last year which wiped out hundreds of thousands of photos hosted on forums all over the web)

Photos taken from phones do have an issue with rotation control though. See my example below.

Attachments

• 15153645722471003695589.jpg
    15153645722471003695589.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Otherwise to post within a web browser on your mobile you need to upload the photos separately and then link the url (web address of each photo) manually.. so better use an app
Not true if you're a Contributor. You just upload directly to the forum. No need to link the URL manually.

krdale

Loc.
Norway
Not true if you're a Contributor. You just upload directly to the forum. No need to link the URL manually.

Oh nice, how would you do it? When I try I get asked for a url.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Oh nice, how would you do it? When I try I get asked for a url.
Sounds like you're maybe using the "insert image" button rather than the "upload photos" button. To upload directly to the forum (as a Contributor) you need to be in the "go advanced" edit mode. Here are instructions. The screen shots are from a computer, but same concept from a phone.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34373

The one part that's a bit clunky is that on some phones the "upload" popup window doesn't close after you upload photos. So you have to close that tab or switch back to your original posting tab and finish writing your message there.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Yes, you can upload directly from your phone if you're a Contributor, which you did sign up for. (Thanks!) You upload them the same way you do using your computer. (instructions here) You can either pick photos already on your phone or take them as you upload.

Photos taken from phones do have an issue with rotation control though. See my example below.

I have found this to be a problem using my Apple products (iPhone, iPad, iPad mini). My picture looks fine until after I upload it to this website. It turns out sideways in almost all my pictures. I have found that if I edit the photo to “square” it always posts correctly. Go to “Edit”, then hit the hi lighted grey box on the right of my first pic, then go to bottom and tap the box that looks like a bunch of small frames. Tap it and a menu will display, tap “Square” and picture will adjust as you can see in pic 2. Hope this may help someone out there. Matt

Attachments

• 7D421859-FC32-47CE-9950-CD20B1DCB4F4.jpg
    7D421859-FC32-47CE-9950-CD20B1DCB4F4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 83570B57-DA9E-4C85-A83D-9E82F31D6831.jpg
    83570B57-DA9E-4C85-A83D-9E82F31D6831.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 16