• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Ruffstuff 4 Link Kit!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
First off I should explain my thoughts so this dosen't sound too strange to you guys.

A few years ago I started seeing brackets that completely disregarded all the rules about Link Suspensions as we knew them to be. The changes that have come to be accepted as the way to do it no longer care about seperation, not vertical or linear. Did those rules change overnight? No, they didn't. What changed was a few companies saw a way to make things easier, for them and the many people that bought into the idea. Now every company making anything for link suspensions has these. Why don't we?

We do not make a combination upper/lower link bracket with 4" (or less) of vertical seperation and no inches of linear seperation. I simply do not agree with it. It certainly makes installations easier but it also limits you to only what you can do using that type of bracket.

Our Link Brackets are not holding you to any pre-determined limits. Our Link Brackets ALLOW you to make your rig work as well as you can design it. Not limiting you in any way. They are not shaped to be pleasing to the eye, they are shaped to give the broadest mounting area which is a much stronger way to do things.

I know I am going to get some flack for this but I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Anyway here they are, our new 4 Link Kits!

For Framed Rigs

4%20link%20kit%202.jpg

This is it, everything in one package for a great price, and not low end stuff just to be cheap either! The kit is wrapped around 8 of our 1.25" Heat & Cryo Treated 78,000lb+ RSL Chromoly Heims with Stainless High Misalignment, Zink Plated Jam nuts, and 1.5" Tube ID Weld Bungs. Not a cartridge type joint in sight and not 7/8" uppers as is becoming common among companies just wanting to have a low price. If you want 7/8" uppers we can swap them out for a lower price but I would remind you torque transfers throughout the system, the only difference is the uppers do not take impact.

The Upper Frame brackets are our 25 degree 5 way Adjustable link brackets. The Lower Frame brackets are our venerable Chassis Link brackets, time tested and proven for optimum performance. All of our lower brackets are ramped for protection.

For the axle end we have our Axle Mount Link brackets and our New Truss that we have refined for additional strength while shedding uneeded pounds. On the Truss we keep it simple with 4 of our 3/8" thick Flat Bottomed Link Tabs. The truss is an option that you can choose to leave out for a $100 savings.

For Tube Chassis Rigs

4%20link%20kit%20tube.jpg

Everything on the axle is the same as the other but the tube side is different.

The Upper Chassis brackets are our 10-35 Degree 5 Way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets. The Lower Chassis brackets are 10-35 Degree 3 way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets for optimum performance.

The only choice you need to make is if the Truss needs to span a Large third member (D60, D70, 14 Bolt, Sterling, Eaton, Dodge 9.75, etc...) or a Medium sized third member (Ford 8.8, D44, Ford 9", Toyota, etc...). If you want to make more changes give us a call and we can see what we can do!

All kits can be changed to be exactly as you wish, just give us a call ;)

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/34LINK.html

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
What is the issue with a 4 Link on the street? Or is it a bunch of crap? Seems that the ride would be better and that a Sway Bar would be a definite plus. Anything to add. Always lookin for more things to do to! ;D

Gonna subscribe to this for the future!

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
If installed correctly, I see nothing wrong with a 4 link on the street. Plenty of customers do it with no issues.

Of course you can't beat on something and expect it not to need adjustments every so often if your hard on your rig.
:)

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i've used brackets from a lot of different companies and can say that ruffstuff makes the best that i've tried.