• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TPS-Throttle Position Sensor pros/cons of brands

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Think my TPS is dead or I at least need to drill out the mounting holes to get more voltage at idle since I can't rotate it's position at all to increase the voltage...

Any brands which have served you well? The TPS that I adapted to fit on my Q-jet had oblong holes to allow dialing in your voltage at idle. Which brands and which year might have oblong holes rather than no adjustability?

4R70W needs a bit higher voltage at idle also...

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Yes, a Baumann controller for my 4r70w but what i need is more than .48v at idle... noticed the low voltage when tuning on the stroker and the TPS I have allows less than 1% rotation so there isn't any adjustability...

Other TPS units that I have used have slots so you can loosen the 2 bolts, rotate the TPS to fine tune the voltage. I opened the slots on this one and now read .97 volts but I'll buy and pack a spare or run the spare if it bolts in and sits at .9 volts or so...

At FTP I still get 4.74v so it's not out of tolerance...