• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Originality / authenticity confirmation

As it sits, what is it worth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
C

CLT_NC_Mitchell

Loc.
Mooresville, NC
two hours for me, but too much money for it, just my opinion. but it you would like me to look at
74 was the best year;D

Skiddy (I love that name and I want to hear the backstory) but let's hold tight, that is a haul for you. I should have spent more time on my handle name but I didn't want to loose my join date :). I am going to try to see if I can get the dealer down to a more reasonable price with maybe some concessions and such before I ask anything more from the community than great feedback and opinions. I really appreciate the offer!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Why the extreme concern for an exact matching engine?
Are you looking towards Concours d'Elegance level shows or are you going to export it to Germany?

OP
OP
C

CLT_NC_Mitchell

Loc.
Mooresville, NC
Why the extreme concern for an exact matching engine?
Are you looking towards Concours d'Elegance level shows or are you going to export it to Germany?

Concours, that's hilarious. I'll have enough of a learning curve as it is, I don't want to compete with a 5.0 upgrade or a LS implant, etc. Shoot, my long term goals include converting to EFI and updating some of the innards.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
6) How to confirm if the Engine and Trans offered in the sale are original, and if they are the original combo the EB left the factory with?

I appreciate the feedback Justin. Do you know where the number could be found on the engine and trans without dismantling them and where or who to verify that code with? Sounds like there are registries of sorts...

Concours, that's hilarious. I'll have enough of a learning curve as it is, I don't want to compete with a 5.0 upgrade or a LS implant, etc. Shoot, my long term goals include converting to EFI and updating some of the innards.

So with your plans for the longer term having the original engine matters even less.
As long as it has an engine that runs what else matters?

The date code of the last casting revision (meaning that the engine is not older that date than then but could be newer) is on the block, next to the oil pan above the starter.
The first digit will be a letter which is for the decade:
B = 1950's
C = 1960's
D = 1970's
E = 1980's
F = 1990's

The second digit is the last number of the year.

So C9 is 1969

OP
OP
C

CLT_NC_Mitchell

Loc.
Mooresville, NC
The date code of the last casting revision (meaning that the engine is not older that date than then but could be newer) is on the block, next to the oil pan above the starter.
The first digit will be a letter which is for the decade:
B = 1950's
C = 1960's
D = 1970's
E = 1980's
F = 1990's

The second digit is the last number of the year.

So C9 is 1969

Good to know, exactly what I needed. So when people say numbers matching that is what they mean? I know newer vehicles have the VIN in numerous places so was just curious. From what I've seen on here, EB have the VIN at least once on the frame and possibly the glovebox (based on year/model) - correct?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Good to know, exactly what I needed. So when people say numbers matching that is what they mean? I know newer vehicles have the VIN in numerous places so was just curious. From what I've seen on here, EB have the VIN at least once on the frame and possibly the glovebox (based on year/model) - correct?

IMO opinion when somebody says numbers matching about a Bronco, that tells me they don't know what their talking about. True numbers matching deal is a Chevy thing I believe.

Only places on the broncos with the vin would be on the frame in more than one location, driver kick panel on 66 and 67, and on back of glove box door on 68-77. Door jam stickers will have it on 70' and up???? Somebody help me with the door jam sticker date. Also would be on the buck tag hanging from a wire in the engine compartment somewhere, those are rarely if ever still found intact.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
/\/\ Numbers matching is a GM car collector thing.
Numbers don't really matter with Fords.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
HAHA, nice burn! We all have to learn somehow, by the end of this I should have earned most my stripes.

No sir, that wasn't directed at you in anyway, sorry about that. Numbers matching is used all the time in early bronco sales pitches that we see on CL, Ebay and FB. As soon as I see that, I know that the seller isn't familiar with broncos. You came here asking for clarification, not trying to pull one over on us, big difference :)

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
No sir, that wasn't directed at you in anyway, sorry about that. Numbers matching is used all the time in early bronco sales pitches that we see on CL, Ebay and FB. As soon as I see that, I know that the seller isn't familiar with broncos. You came here asking for clarification, not trying to pull one over on us, big difference :)

Either that or the seller has skipped straight to 'Baffle them with BS', hoping to catch an ignorant buyer.
There are too many scammers taking advantage of the current high in the market for Broncos.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
That would be awesome if and when I get a EB, a past owner was also on the forum and could share some stories behind all the character. Not sure if you remember your old VIN but this one is U15GLU56094.

Mine was made June 1974 82746 I repainted it tropical Turquoise about 5 years ago.

OP
OP
C

CLT_NC_Mitchell

Loc.
Mooresville, NC
Sold`

I talked to the dealer today and he sold it. He was nice enough to mention the final deal and since it's not a member on here that I know of yet I feel comfortable sharing the details...wait for it...$31k. I told him if the deal fell through, I was at $20,000 with concessions (shipping and Marti report). Hopefully the new owner might show up on the forum and we can determine if it was truly solid or not. I really appreciate all the feedback folks!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Skiddy (I love that name and I want to hear the backstory) but let's hold tight, that is a haul for you. I should have spent more time on my handle name but I didn't want to loose my join date :). I am going to try to see if I can get the dealer down to a more reasonable price with maybe some concessions and such before I ask anything more from the community than great feedback and opinions. I really appreciate the offer!

no problem, guess we will see if it was a good buy or not when/if new owner signs up with problems on his new bronco;)