• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering turns too easy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well you really had to go low on the pressures didn't you? Not unheard of though. Just a little lower than most.

I ran 20 in the back of my Swamper Thornbirds, but had to max out the fronts at 32 (if I remember?) which was odd too and the most uneven pressures I ever had to run. Most of my other tires were within a few psi front to rear. But not those POS tires!:-[

Anyway, sure am a hankerin' to hear the issue is resolved for you!

Oh, and I wouldn't go below 20 at either end as a normal running pressure. I would certainly do it as an experiment, even down to 15 if needed. But I would not generally leave it there unless I was always driving around town and no chance of getting out on the freeway.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm running American Racing wheels with BFG's

Well that's even more strange then! Those are very cool wheels (they look new too?) but there's nothing exotic about their bead area. Been making those wheels for over 30 years (probably closer to 40 years!) and I have not heard of trouble connecting sensors/mirrors/lasers/thingies to them. Certainly nothing that would damage them.

I wonder if it's just that the equipment they have does not hold well to that kind of a thick round bead?

Oh well....

Paul