• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
After a few setbacks while trying to use the Artec frame brackets, I'm finally back on track with the 4-link. Modified the Artec brackets to only use the lower mount and I purchased adjustable uppers from Barnes 4wd. My 4-link numbers are looking even better now.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Looks good Jaromy....But,I watched Girls Garage do a Jeep this morning and it didn't take them any time at all,and they looked purdy doin it.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
That looks bad ass!!

Thanks David! I went back out to the garage after the last text I sent you. I'm glad I did because I was able to make progress.

Looks good Jaromy....But,I watched Girls Garage do a Jeep this morning and it didn't take them any time at all,and they looked purdy doin it.

I think it has something to laying on my back on an ice cold garage floor. They couldn't handle my environment ;D

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Looks great man and I was wondering when the bomb was going to drop that it's getting cut.;)

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Wow, big angles! Nice! I assume it's measured in degrees, or travel in inches? How much is stock to compare? How much quarter panel will be left?

At a DML run, you and Arsenio will leave us at the trail head!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Wow, big angles! Nice! I assume it's measured in degrees, or travel in inches? How much is stock to compare? How much quarter panel will be left?

At a DML run, you and Arsenio will leave us at the trail head!

I'm running a 14" strut so it should flex decent. I'll take less flex and better road handling of it comes to that. I plan to mount the flare on the body line.

I should be ready for DML next year. I'm looking forward to it.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent thread.

Looking forward to what you do with your exhaust in the end. Would love to see more pics of the exhaust when completed. Looked at some 4-link EB's today and the exhaust looks complicated. Fender exit headers make that problem go away but then I can't use my new purdy shock hoops...

198F62F5-1AA7-4FC0-AA1F-BAE20667BC7B_zpsemg6fafe.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Excellent thread.

Looking forward to what you do with your exhaust in the end. Would love to see more pics of the exhaust when completed. Looked at some 4-link EB's today and the exhaust looks complicated. Fender exit headers make that problem go away but then I can't use my new purdy shock hoops...

198F62F5-1AA7-4FC0-AA1F-BAE20667BC7B_zpsemg6fafe.jpg

I haven't put a lot of thought into the exhaust, but I'll post pics when I get to that point.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Made some progress on the 9 inch. Backbone truss, caliper brackets, strut mounts and some paint are remaining.