• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Safari 2012 in Moab May 2-5

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I finally got around to putting a video together of my Moab trip. I have short video's of a lot of others that I will still try to get hosted.

[youtube]oXdrQCyRuVA[/youtube]

Bout time brother.... ;)

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

Awesome pics and videos!

We're heading to Moab with our '71 in a month. We did the Labor Day Safari last year, and are looking forward to doing it again this year.

We have a pretty mild build, although fairly capable. With the lockers and lower gears, and the BW T-18, I think we can handle the moderate stuff. (Will be installing TeraLow gears and HD output shaft, with twin sticks before we leave.)

The only real concerns I have are the somewhat limited suspension travel (3-1/2" suspension lift and 2" body lift) and a carbureted motor. We ran into quite a few issues last year with fuel delivery and overheating. I've done several things to improve upon that this year. (If I go away from the carburetor it will probably be in favor of propane.)

Kind of a long intro to ask about the Moab event in the spring. Are there various levels of Bronco participants? Some who prefer the mild to moderate trails?

I may have missed it; but, are there any pictures of all of the Broncos together.

I guess it's never to early to start thinking about next year.

(One of the locals trail led several of the trails we were on last year. His name is Curtis. Was he involved in the Bronco event this year?)

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

I saw the posting with pics from the awards. You can ignore my previous request.

It looks like a great time.

Jeff