• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2019 events

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
I was looking at the events for 2019 and there is a definite shortage of wheeling events east of the Mississippi River! I hope some people step up this year and get some new ones started. A yearly event or more would be great!!! No raffle or meals or any of that stuff just pick a date and let's show up and go wheeling. There are several places to wheel in Ky and Tn. There is a new ORV park in Slade Ky called Hollerwood that is just getting started officially though we have been wheeling the area for years. I'm willing to try to help put one together somewhere if there is any interest. Shoot me a pm but be warned I only get on my computer on the occasional weekend.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Why don't you set up a wheeling event. Find a place and schedule an event. That's how events start.

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Why don't you set up a wheeling event. Find a place and schedule an event. That's how events start.

I really don't know how events are started but I'm pretty sure it takes more than one person to have an event. Given there has been no interest I don't see any point in even trying. %)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Laddle, just come to TX, CO or Moab!

But I thought the Fall Crawl in Harlan was being held again? Didn't Duff's have something last year?

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Shout out to Al TN MS folks: check out Hawk Pride Offroad. I’m in to help if enough interest, camping available, near to Shoals for rooms and meals. Fairly central location. I went to Rock Bouncer Southern Series there last year, some narly climbs.

http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Laddle, just come to TX, CO or Moab!

But I thought the Fall Crawl in Harlan was being held again? Didn't Duff's have something last year?

and you forgot the most important one.. HA

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We did have an "un-event" in Harlan, KY this past November. It wasn't an official event, no food or raffles... just like you said, we got together and wheeled. I think the plan is to move around park to park within the east every year on that same November weekend. That being said, I don't know if there is a 2019 location determined.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
We did have an "un-event" in Harlan, KY this past November. It wasn't an official event, no food or raffles... just like you said, we got together and wheeled. I think the plan is to move around park to park within the east every year on that same November weekend. That being said, I don't know if there is a 2019 location determined.

Keep ME informed... That's my b day month.. :D

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky

I didn't hear anything about it. Of course that could have been the plan all along. %)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I really don't know how events are started but I'm pretty sure it takes more than one person to have an event. Given there has been no interest I don't see any point in even trying. %)

Maybe a good idea would be to post up a possible date and place so people in your area can get on board. A decent way to start is do a meet and greet at a local restaurant or bar/grill with a possible trail ride as well. Once you can get some people together and if there is enough interest you go for a bigger wheeling event like you wanting.
Its got to start somewhere and evolve few if any of the big events started overnight.

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Maybe a good idea would be to post up a possible date and place so people in your area can get on board. A decent way to start is do a meet and greet at a local restaurant or bar/grill with a possible trail ride as well. Once you can get some people together and if there is enough interest you go for a bigger wheeling event like you wanting.
Its got to start somewhere and evolve few if any of the big events started overnight.

Exactly, this is how the Bronco Take Over Started...A facebook group and 50 trucks initially fast forward 5 years later and were up to a 2 day event w/ over 200 broncos....nuts:eek:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Definitely.. They tend to grow over time