• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At Barrett Jackson

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hold it someone wanted a Gateway vs an Icon? The Gateway is 3 car garage quality but not a very well set up one at that!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Watched 5 Broncos sell for less than 50 a piece today... all looked nice too. Crazy. Sunday is not the day

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
This year was weird as far as the auction goes. I saw stuff go for way less then I did in the past I can't really explain it. Lot of Rolls-Royce and Bentley kind of cars not for

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Hold it someone wanted a Gateway vs an Icon? The Gateway is 3 car garage quality but not a very well set up one at that!

Gateway looks a lot better then when I saw them at the auction 3 years ago. Now if it is real quality, or just getting better at hiding things I can't say. But there pricing and faux window stickers perplex me.

One of the "bronco builders" at the auction had one on display. I don't remember if it was Gateway, or the other one. Had a (ahem, custom) serpentine belt drive. One belt ran the driver's side A/C compressor and the original Thompson power steering pump. They found a grooved pulley that fit the pump. Too bad they don't all line up. 6-groove pulleys, but only 3 grooves lined up. So the belt is cut down to 3-ribs. And they had the hood open showing it off.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Gateway looks a lot better then when I saw them at the auction 3 years ago. Now if it is real quality, or just getting better at hiding things I can't say. But there pricing and faux window stickers perplex me.

One of the "bronco builders" at the auction had one on display. I don't remember if it was Gateway, or the other one. Had a (ahem, custom) serpentine belt drive. One belt ran the driver's side A/C compressor and the original Thompson power steering pump. They found a grooved pulley that fit the pump. Too bad they don't all line up. 6-groove pulleys, but only 3 grooves lined up. So the belt is cut down to 3-ribs. And they had the hood open showing it off.

HRC? is that who you are talking about?

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Saw that 75 with a 427? in it go thru, then I got excited about the 66 half cab (red&white), going next and forgot all about the big 427, so I don't know what it went for,ugh. Was that another one of magnante's blunders ? ?:?%):-[

Vicki

Saw that 75 with a 427? in it go thru, then I got excited about the 66 half cab (red&white), going next and forgot all about the big 427, so I don't know what it went for,ugh. Was that another one of magnante's blunders ? ?:?%):-[

$42,900