• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1974 Bronco Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
1974 Bronco Ranger For Sale
I had intended on keeping my Bronco forever but unfortunately life made other plans. I will try to give a detailed and accurate description of all areas both good and bad.

Body:
Original Arkansas truck that has been garage kept and stored winters for as long as it has been in Wisconsin.
Body is rust free other than light surface rust here and there.
It had been undercoated early in it’s life which has really helped with the preservation.
There are small to medium dents on the hood, grill, rocker panels, tailgate and drivers side quarter panel.
It appears as though the passenger front fender had been replaced early in it’s life as there is navy paint under the brown. The brown paint has the same amount of fade and appearance as the rest of the truck.
There are heavy scratches on the hood along with light scratches as would be expected on an original paint vehicle of this age.
I did unfortunately remove the original ranger stripes when my original plan was to restore it rather than keep it original. I do have original rocker trim molding if the buyer wants to use that rather than purchase new stripes.
Overall this truck presents itself well.

Mechanical
Odometer shows 82,449
Mostly all original mechanically
302 starts easily and runs smoothly. It does leak and burn oil though. All cylinders do have compression within spec and only one spark plug shows sign of oil burning. The original carburetor has been rebuilt and it has a pertronix points replacement.
The C4 auto shifts through all gears but on occasion will have a delayed shift into second.
I have not ever put it into 4 wheel drive so I cannot confirm if that is in working order. I have only ever driven this on dry pavement. It does have newer looking warn hubs however.
Brakes and manual discs all around. It does look like it can use brake lines and new pads though.
Suspension needs new bushings. It had always driven straight and smooth down the road until recently. The bushings show noticeable wear. I have already installed a Wild Horses adjustable track bar and have new poly bushings that I will include with the sale.
The tires are older but still have good tread.
All lights work as they should
Other minor items needed.
Horn
Windshield wipers (has delay switch installed that needs hooking up)
Heater core replaced (new one included)

Interior
Recovered seats in original style houndstooth
Newer carpet
Dash pad cover
Aftermarket radio cut into dash, but an original (untested) is included.
Overall good condition.

I am starting out with an asking price of $21,000 based on what I have seen comparable sell for on EBAY. I am open to hearing offers and getting feedback as I know there are many variables when it come to accurately pricing these. This is a very solid truck and a great starting point for a full restoration or to just address the mechanical needs and drive it as a survivor.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• BroncoDriverSideFront.jpg
    BroncoDriverSideFront.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 376
  • BroncoDriversInnerFender.jpg
    BroncoDriversInnerFender.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 320
  • BroncoRearCenterFloor.jpg
    BroncoRearCenterFloor.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 330
  • BroncoFrontPassengerFloor.jpg
    BroncoFrontPassengerFloor.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 326
  • BroncoFrontSeats.jpg
    BroncoFrontSeats.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 347
  • BroncoRearPassengersSide.jpg
    BroncoRearPassengersSide.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 330
  • BroncoRearDriversSide.jpg
    BroncoRearDriversSide.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 311
  • BroncoFrontPassengerside.jpg
    BroncoFrontPassengerside.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 358
OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
A Few More Pictures

I had received a few requests for underside and rocker panel pictures and am including. The underside is very solid and very ugly. It has old undercoating that seems to be well stuck that has been stained with orange clay (from Arkansas I would assume). It doesn't look great but it seems to has done it's job in regards to rust proofing. There is a some of the surface patina type rust on the bottom of the rocker panels but they are solid.

Attachments

• BroncoUnderside5.jpg
    BroncoUnderside5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 131
  • BroncoUnderside4.jpg
    BroncoUnderside4.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 124
  • BroncoUnderside3.jpg
    BroncoUnderside3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 130
  • BroncoUnderside1.jpg
    BroncoUnderside1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 151
  • BroncoRockerPanel6.jpg
    BroncoRockerPanel6.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 128
  • BroncoRockerPanel5.jpg
    BroncoRockerPanel5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 135
  • BroncoRockerPanel4.jpg
    BroncoRockerPanel4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 137
  • BroncoRockerPanel3.jpg
    BroncoRockerPanel3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
More Pictures

Here are pictures of the striker and hinge posts.

Attachments

• BroncoFront.jpg
    BroncoFront.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 131
  • BroncoBackSeats.jpg
    BroncoBackSeats.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 123
  • broncopassengerhingepost.jpg
    broncopassengerhingepost.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 117
  • BroncoInnerfenderdriversside.jpg
    BroncoInnerfenderdriversside.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 128
  • broncodriversstrikerpost.jpg
    broncodriversstrikerpost.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 133
  • broncodrivershingepost.jpg
    broncodrivershingepost.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 118
  • broncopassengersidestrikerpost.jpg
    broncopassengersidestrikerpost.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 124
  • broncopassengersideinnerfender.jpg
    broncopassengersideinnerfender.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 128

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Great looking bronco this should sell pretty quick. I wouldn’t be surprised to even see it posted again as a flip. Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
engine pictures

requested engine pictures. I do have the rest of the stock air cleaner assembly

Attachments

• BroncoEngine1.jpg
    BroncoEngine1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 132
  • BroncoEngine2.jpg
    BroncoEngine2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 130
  • BroncoEngine3.jpg
    BroncoEngine3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 124

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Great looking bronco this should sell pretty quick. I wouldn’t be surprised to even see it posted again as a flip. Good luck with the sale.

Agree! Especially the flip part!

Status
Not open for further replies.