• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone here used the TBP 2.5” long travel system?

OP
OP
M

MultiBeast

Loc.
NC
Not a bad idea! Go with one of there three inch systems... I’ll check em out

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There is no better customer support in the eb aftermarket industry.
I have been buying from them for 30+ years.

Love me some Duffs.

By the way....they have been doing the eb aftermarket thing since 1967....yea.....1967.....

The originators. Nobody has more research into the eb than them....and they learned most of it 30+ years ago but at the same time are on the leading edge of technology today,....

Did I say I love me some Duffs.....cuz I do....lol

They have 2.5" lifts too.

Last edited:

Dlish

I was not a fan of the inboard shock mount that is included in that Toms kit. Someone smarter here could prolly explain leverage and shit better than I, but it always felt as if it would sway a lot more vs having the shocks on the outside of the frame.

But the upside is, its still welded to my frame so I am working with another frame cross member.

(and I am now running the Duff monster 3.5 or something)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was not a fan of the inboard shock mount that is included in that Toms kit. Someone smarter here could prolly explain leverage and shit better than I, but it always felt as if it would sway a lot more vs having the shocks on the outside of the frame.

But the upside is, its still welded to my frame so I am working with another frame cross member.

(and I am now running the Duff monster 3.5 or something)

The inboard shock mounts were a good attempt at allowing more articulation in the rear end back in the late '90s. I had a variant of them myself.

After a few years, I came up with a setup that mounted outboard of the frame and took advantage of the short body Bilstein 7100s so I didn't lose any articulation capability. In time, that design became the WH Shock Jock and similar pieces. I remember doing a thoroughly unscientific test with my truck by grabbing the family cage bar and rocking the truck back and forth. With the inboard mounts, I had a lot less resistance to body roll than I did with the outboard mounts.

The way I like to explain it is to think of your Bronco body as a teeter-totter. If you're trying to resist the motion of a teeter-totter by hanging on near the pivot point, you'll find it very hard to control its motion. If you go out to one of the outboard ends where a person sits, you'll have much better luck in controlling its motion. Not exactly apples to apples, but it works - as long as you're old enough to know what a teeter-totter is :).

Todd Z.