• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock oil pressure sender.

OP
OP
behemoth

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I physically removed the adapter and the filter mount verifiying the port locations.

I had them crossed, so the valve in the oil filter was killing my oil pressure.

I made a new line and verified it with the drill priming the engine, I have oil pressure now.

duh it works better when you hook them up right.

thanks for the help.

gauage works now as well.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Old thread resurrection. I was looking for a small sending unit as well for my setup and I ran across this thread while searching. No small sending unit that I found, but I did come up with a shorter factory sending unit extension. It about 1/2 the length of the std. Mustang one. It's from a 6 cyl. Explorer. It keeps the sending unit from extending out to where the oil filter is. Just figured I'd add this for future searchee's.

Attachments

• 0109112154.jpg
    0109112154.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
behemoth

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I used an aluminum pipe thread an adapter 45* and it worked fine, I will be picking up one of these as well for the future.