• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
astark said:
I just watched it and it was Great :cool:

They showed classicbroncos.com and the actual thread we are posting in here. Channel eleven has even posted a link to the other site on their web site. John did great and was shown sanding and working on the rig while explaining what has been done. Melissa was awesome in her narrative and the whole thing was well done.

Boy am I proud ;D

They did an awesome job!! While we were in the process of the interview. Todd said not to be too surprised if this does get picked up off of the AP on the national level!! It was a great experience! Melissa and John both did a really good job during the interview! You could tell it was something that was really close to their hearts. ;D ;D

4wheelnar

zainyD

Sweet, I just wanted to congradulate everyone who has donated time and money to this project! The reward you will have when this soldier gets home and sees this family and new ride will be great.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Way to go guys!!! Great stuff!.

Hey, I saw an engine in that newscast that looked very familiar. ..did it make it without any shipping damage?

-Bill

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
bmc69 said:
Way to go guys!!! Great stuff!.

Hey, I saw an engine in that newscast that looked very familiar. ..did it make it without any shipping damage?

-Bill

John said it arrived in great shape. They were excited to see it come in. Gary couldn't wait. He had it open before the forklift made it out of the shop. It really looked great Bill. Thank you again. ;D

Shoeless

CPT_D_1969 said:
Here is a link to the news story on their web site.

http://kthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=21916

Thank you all so much for everything! ;D

Note: The video link is on this story page...but you will have to disable any pop-up blockers that you have on. KTHV gave us 1:45 min out of their 30 min timeslot for the 10pm news and ran the story again this morning! A big thanks to them for helping us spread the word!

Shoeless

PS A trip to retreive the diff's is planned for this weekend! Wooo HOO!!!

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Wow, what great and positive coverage. No only does this show support from the bronco community, but also anyone supporting our troops! Thanks for sharing the link to the video!!

Nice work to all that have been involved, and especially John!

J.D.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
74BroncoCO said:
Wow, what great and positive coverage. No only does this show support from the bronco community, but also anyone supporting our troops! Thanks for sharing the link to the video!!

Nice work to all that have been involved, and especially John!

J.D.

I second that. My word, the number of hours John must have in that thing has to be huge already. I hope he is going to have plenty of help with the 'assembly phase'. I wish I could get out there for a spell..but its a long haul from Maryland.

RT

Bronco Guru
Did anyone make a copy of that video ?? I've tryed playing it but it does'nt seem to run here. I've turned off the pop up and ad blockers , but still get nothing.

Except this error message:

You've encountered error message C00D10B5 while using Windows Media Player. We are investigating the cause of this error. We will post more information about this error when it becomes available.

If anyone made a copy , could you send me a zip file copy ??

This is a great project..

Thanks..

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I would think that re-starting your computer should fix that error. Or maybe it just needs an update??

J.D.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
RT said:
Did anyone make a copy of that video ?? I've tryed playing it but it does'nt seem to run here. I've turned off the pop up and ad blockers , but still get nothing.

Except this error message:

You've encountered error message C00D10B5 while using Windows Media Player. We are investigating the cause of this error. We will post more information about this error when it becomes available.

If anyone made a copy , could you send me a zip file copy ??

This is a great project..

Thanks..

I just played it from the links here and from their page bith without problems. What version of media player do you have installed?

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Flash69 said:
Which member is John? Looks like he is doing a good job.

John is known as yellowrouge here on the site. I can't say enough about him. He is a great guy. I don't know what I would have done without him and his family's support and friendship. They are so kind hearted. I just can't thank them enough.

Really, everyone I have met through this site has been wonderful. I have never met so many people who made me feel like family like the people on here have. I don't know much about Broncos (altough I am learning a great deal). I have never felt out of place in any way. These are the type of people you want as lifetime friends. I am glad to have found such a wonderful community. ;D

RT

Bronco Guru
bigpappa said:
I just played it from the links here and from their page bith without problems. What version of media player do you have installed?

I'm useing version 9, but neither links are working for me .

The link off the news page come up fine , but the screen is black and below it says : Video Playing...0K bits/seconds.... But there is no picture.or sound .

Normally I don't have problems with links , this thing is normally pretty smooth.

Doh,,, :(