• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Reviews Horsepower sales llc brake kit

russhow73

Loc.
Austin
Anybody used hype horsepower sales llc front disk conversion kit?

THIS FRONT DISC BRAKE KIT works great on any Bronco, 66-75. It is ready to bolt on, and easier and cheaper to do than some other kits which involves changing your knuckles, ball joints and tie rods. Your Bronco's stock front wheel bearings & spindle nuts will work with this kit. It is recommended that you install WARN HUBS with this Kit. ALSO, you can install this Disc Kit on a dana 30, and if you up-grade to a dana 44 you can transfer it over!

THIS DISC KIT INCLUDES: Easy to follow INSTRUCTION Guide, 2 brand new machined & balanced HUB&ROTORS with 5x5.5 stock bolt pattern and new races, and 2 new CALIPERS, and 2 new Full Shield CALIPER MOUNTING BRACKETS, 2 new SPINDLES, and a new set of Premium semi-metallic Disc Brake PADS, and 2 new plastic coated Stainless Steel Braided CALIPER HOSES (D.O.T. certified), and 4 new caliper GUIDE PINS, 2 new BANJO BOLTS w/crush washers, 12 new Spindle MOUNTING BOLTS (grade 8) and Lock Washers, assorted hardware & new seals

OPTIONS for this DISC BRAKE CONVERSION KIT:

WARN PREMIUM HUBS $99.00 with no extra shipping fee.
TIMKEN BEARING SET $49.00 with no extra shipping fee.

Will total about $800 with shipping

Opinions? I'm not a master mechanic.
Thanks

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I scavenged parts for my Cheby disc swap, but ended up going thru them to replace all the crap that didn't work.... In the end I should have got the complete kit, as it would have been less expensive and less time consuming. Their customer service was excellent, and techs I dealt with on the phone knew their business. This was back in 2009, so I hope they still operate the same way.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used the kit on my 73. Skip the hubs unless yours are in bad shape. I did not use the braided brake lines either. It was a good kit with good parts. My only complaint is that the kit smelled like cigarette smoke, I mean the very metal of the caliper bracket wreaked.

Also, I didn't think it cost that much, though prices may have gone way up.

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I bought my kit from them and LOVED it! Everything went together easy and my bronco stops like cars now.

KDW66

I did the Chevy swap. Have way less in it than 800 and I upgraded to a 44 at the same time. Didn't need to ship it though. I used the links on this site for directions and I knew if I ran into any issues everyone here is willing to help. Pretty straight forward swap.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have it on my 73, bought off ebay end of 04. No problems, still running the same pads.

Jsteadman

I just put their kit on my 75'. They were great to deal with. Installation went good, even with my skills. The calipers came pre-cut to fit the Dana 44. Instructions said some may have to do minimal grinding on the knuckles, but I had ample clearance without it.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Bottom line is the Chevy disc conversion is cheap and easy to install with great results.
You do not need a kit. You can piece everything together locally.
I did mine 20+ years ago before the Chevy conversion kits were so common.
I wasn't real sure of myself back then and would of jumped at the opportunity to have a kit with instructions.
Having said that, this conversion works great and has easy to source and cheap consumables, like calipers, pads, pins, etc.....

Aso544

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Awesome kit!!! Did mine a month or so back. Had to grind the knuckle just a tad. I'm no mechanic and I got it on pretty easy. Don't hesitate

OP
OP
russhow73

russhow73

Loc.
Austin
The $800 includes new warn locks and bearings and shipping.
The kit is $550 without that stuff

valveamp

I used the Horsepower kit on my '71. They were easy to work with and the kit went in easily. I had no issues. To me, it was worth the cost because I was not interested in searching around for parts.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at putting this kit on my ‘74 (Dana 44). Could someone verify the Timken part numbers for the wheel bearings? Their “upgrade” photo shows LM501349 and LM603049 is that correct for the inner and outer bearings?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Horsepower sales has been selling Bronco brake kits for years. I have ordered from them numerous times with great results.

Great company to work with. Order one of his kits or put a parts list together for what you need. He'll combine shipping on individual items and get you what you need.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Found the answer......where else but in another post from the ever-knowing gift to this forum known as DirtDonk. Thanks, Paul - don’t know what we would do without you.

For anyone else who needs the info, here it is:

This should be what you need (hopefully).

For a 30 (and also the 44's by the way, so all EB front axles) on an EB, the bearings were:

Inner: Bearing/Cone LM603049 and Race/Cup LM603011
Outer: Bearing/Cone LM501349 and Race/Cup LM501310

Or, when bought in a "set" the numbers are:
Inner: Set 37
Outer: Set 45

Those are the old industry standard numbers, probably originated by Timken or one of those companies.
Even if they're no longer considered standard numbers, those numbers will still get you crossed over to whatever brand your store is using.

And even today they should be in stock at most auto parts stores because they are common to Ford, GM, Dodge, Jeep and many other vehicle axles, transmissions, and other odd applications.

Paul

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I think you ask for seals also .. 4250S Is the big wheel seal & THE Spindle bearing is a Kit SBK1. Last time I bought one The one from NAPA had 4 parts in it where as other companys .(same number) only had 3 parts . Needle bearing & small rubber seal & Larger rubber seal .. & the extra part is the palnaic or resin .. flat disk w/ hole in it.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. IF YOU CAN SEARCH BACK ABOUT 5 OR 10 YEARS .. I've posted all the numbers for that Chevy Disk brake swap. As I had a parts story for many years I knew those numbers from heart. But I've been away from that for 25 + years now.
... But if you need more info ASK HERE on the forum so others can get the info also.
... The disk assemble disk & Hub is #2492 ... I GOT MINE FROM aUTO ZONE . they had discounted them down to about 25.00 each I bought 4 of them. Now they are about 175.00 each.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I put mine on, like 10 years ago. In fact, I did the driver side, then my tiny ballet dancer wife did the passenger side. No problems. Worked out great.