• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

favorite off the shelf exhaust package?

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I cannot wait to show you guys the brand new Exhaust kits we have been putting together!

I know looking cool is VERY important in your EB but sounding cool rates right up there TOO!!

I also heard that James Duff is so excited about them he's going to be offering a super special deal on them for Black Friday!!

While you're sitting there marinating on that let me tell you some of the changes we've made.

Our 4 piece kit plus 2 mufflers (4 different options)and hardware now comes as 6 pieces. Why is that better?
-can ship in a smaller box which saves you more money on shipping
-tail pipe can slip off and be left off for those trips you want to go off roading and don't want to destroy it.
-you have the option of choosing a tail pipe that comes out at a 90° or 65° angle. Neither function better it's just a preference of looks.
-running James Duff long arms, Torque Tamer, larger gas tank or 4" rear bump stops? No problem! Our new kit works with all of that!
-302, 351W, stock or HD motor mounts? Yep works with that too.
- You have James Duff Long tube headers or stock exhaust manifolds? Also doable. If you have the stock manifolds just buy our exhaust manifold extensions part# 3091 and you're set!
-this kit works for mild to wild setups with 0-3" of body lift
-think you need a shop or a welder to put this on? Think again. with a drill some sockets and at the very least will acknowledge the instruction sheet exists you can put this on in your driveway ;D

Disclaimer:
-Our exhaust kits will NOT work if you are not using a Dana 20 transfer case
-if you're NOT using James Duff long tube headers we cannot guarantee this kit will work for you w/o some modification.
-if you are running shorty headers you can run this kit but you will need to have extension pipes made.
-we do NOT offer this kit in stainless steel.
-if you buy this kit with 40 series flowmasters the exit pipe will require 1" of tube trimmed off. Easy task for most but if you don't want to make the cut just buy the kit with Vortex mufflers. Same sound and quality plus it's less expensive and easier to install.

Here is the link to the website

http://www.dufftuff.com/Dual_Exhaust_66_75_Early_Classic_Bronco_Aluminized_p/3095.htm

Here is a quick video of me walking around the show chassi at James Duff showcasing how the new exhaust fits. The sound you are hearing is the new exhaust with our Ceramic Long tube headers, the new exhaust system and a pair of cherry bomb pro mufflers.

The display chassis is showcasing two different mufflers we offer as well as the two different tail pipes we offer.

https://youtu.be/EfTaEcOJwyA

c0astie31

I currently have the 2.25 duff kit with flowmaster 40's kit. easy to install. sounds great. only wish it was offered in larger diameter sizes. the new kit that Mike is talking about looks identical to the one I have now. maybe I was a test subject lol.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I currently have the 2.25 duff kit with flowmaster 40's kit. easy to install. sounds great. only wish it was offered in larger diameter sizes. the new kit that Mike is talking about looks identical to the one I have now. maybe I was a test subject lol.

Friday of last week we sent out the first 3 of the new kits. It's a lot easier to see the difference between the 2 kits when compared side by side.

I'm not against offering it in larger sizes and even in different materials. The only real tight spot that may be an issue is the d.s. pipe that routes real close to the Dana 20 transfer case.

Maybe I'll look into 2.5" stainless as our high performance line. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have always gone to my Local Exhaust Shop to get the 2-into-1 exhaust done on my Broncos. It fits perfect EVERY time because it is made to the truck. Exhaust kits previously - not so much.

With Headers installed and favorite muffler in hand, everything is cut, bent and 02 bungs installed for $250-$275 out the door.

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I have always gone to my Local Exhaust Shop to get the 2-into-1 exhaust done on my Broncos. It fits perfect EVERY time because it is made to the truck. Exhaust kits previously - not so much.

With Headers installed and favorite muffler in hand, everything is cut, bent and 02 bungs installed for $250-$275 out the door.

My local shop qutoed me $675 for a 2 in 1.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OUCH!!!

My quote does NOT include Headers or Muffler..... 2 1/2" Pipe x 2 for Inlets and 3" outlet.

Florida must be cheap by comparison.

76 NC Bronco

Loc.
Holly Springs, NC
Does anyone know why the new Duff's exhaust kit only fits 66-75 broncos and not 76-77 broncos? Seems odd that it would not fit 76-77. I am ready to pull the trigger on this system, but I have a 76.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Our new exhaust kit works on 66-77 but if you live in a state that requires cats on a 76-77 you will want to make sure you can pass emissions after adding cats to our true dual exhaust kit. On top of that the kit does not come with any provisions to add the cats so some modification would be required to add those as well.

Here is the link and notice we do not say anymore that our kit does not work with 76-77 Broncos. :cool:

http://www.dufftuff.com/Dual_Exhaust_66_75_Early_Classic_Bronco_Aluminized_p/3095.htm

jgrow

After reading many threads here, I bought Bronco Hut's 2 into 1 (and their headers) Going on the rolling chassis this week so Ill let you know.

I rolled down through this thread expecting to see it recommended. Nervous now!

I think you'll dig it. I've been running the BH system for a little over 1yr or 9k miles. I love the sound...not obnoxious but throaty enough to make me giggle. My only gripe with it is that the pipe is routed very close to my oil plug making it tough to screw back in after oil changes. Oh, and get a good set of header bolts...mine backed out a couple months ago. Seem to need re-torquing which isn't the end of the world.

Jaxgtc

A number of years ago I got the stock replacement from JBG and had a mechanic install it. Looks and sounds great. As mentioned, cheaper than a muffler shop.

76 NC Bronco

Loc.
Holly Springs, NC
Our new exhaust kit works on 66-77 but if you live in a state that requires cats on a 76-77 you will want to make sure you can pass emissions after adding cats to our true dual exhaust kit. On top of that the kit does not come with any provisions to add the cats so some modification would be required to add those as well.

Here is the link and notice we do not say anymore that our kit does not work with 76-77 Broncos.

http://www.dufftuff.com/Dual_Exhaust...zed_p/3095.htm

Thank you for this explanation.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any update on the Duff kit?

I need some new plumbing under mine but would like a shorty header/ 2 into 1 combo I believe.

DC_Gearhead

Here is the link and notice we do not say anymore that our kit does not work with 76-77 Broncos. :cool:

This kit rocks. I installed it with Flowmasters a couple months ago. Easy breezy.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Install your own headers and buy you favorite Muffler. Mine is a Gibson Superflow 2-into-1.

Muffler shop here charges about $300.00 to install. Custom to the truck. Fits perfect. I'm also standing there watching.

stack

Defiantly Duffs with there long tube header and a choice of mufflers. installed on mine and fits very well sounds awesome..