• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1973 Bronco - uncut, very original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
After much, much consideration I have decided to put my 1973 uncut Bronco up for sale. This Bronco is not only uncut and fairly original, it is a capable 4x4 as well. You can go to my garage to see details about it. It has the original motor (302) and transmission (3 on-the-tree). The motor has been rebuilt with mild cam and 2-barrel carb. It has a 2.5 inch lift on it with James Duff coils in the front and Deaver leafs in the rear. It has a Detroit locker in the rear and a Powertrax limited slip in the front. The Dana 20 has had the Terra Low gears put in. It has one paint job over the original paint (fair condition as PO towed behind motor home), a factory remote mirror, factory power steering, rear seat and you can still see the PAINT OK stamp in couple of spots. I am the 3rd owner of this truck and it is garage kept. This Bronco has twice been voted into the calendar. Roof rack (seen in some photos) is not included. Price drop to $44,000. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • FFF 2015 002.jpg
    FFF 2015 002.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • FFF 2015 004.jpg
    FFF 2015 004.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,058
  • FFF 2015 003.jpg
    FFF 2015 003.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Bronco 002.jpg
    Bronco 002.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Bronco 004.jpg
    Bronco 004.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,500
  • Mt. Pacifico 5-24, 2008 001.jpg
    Mt. Pacifico 5-24, 2008 001.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,395
Last edited:

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Wow Jeff.... she's a 10. If I could give you a piece of advice, it would be to make super sure you are ready to let her go. I regret having sold mine, as folks told me I would.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks Rob. She really is more like an 8.5. Pictures really make it look nice!!

Believe me when I say I have thought a long time about this, but now that my trail rig seems to working OK, I am looking to sell this Bronco. I have owned it for almost 12 years and she has been great to me, but it is time.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Here are some not so good pics of the interior. All the stuff on the dash is magnetic so it all comes off with no marks. It has a brand new Bronco reproduction floor mat. It also has a "hidden" stereo (very hard to photograph) that is under the rear seat with an amp and iPod plug. PM me with any questions. Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• 20170708_170503.jpg
    20170708_170503.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 537
  • 20170708_170540.jpg
    20170708_170540.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 20170708_170557.jpg
    20170708_170557.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 481
  • 20170708_170624.jpg
    20170708_170624.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 449
OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I am going to get more serious about selling now and will put on CL this weekend. Here is my write up. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks!

1973 Bronco, very original. You will be hard pressed to find another one like this without it being a non-running “barn find.” It is extremely reliable and also a very capable 4x4. Everything on the truck works including the windshield squirters. It has the original motor and transmission (3 on-the-tree) and all original body panels. The motor is 302 ci (bored .030) rebuilt about 6 years ago with about 8,000 miles on it. I put a 2.5 inch James Duff suspension lift (coils and leaf springs) on it because it still had the original suspension on it when I bought it in 2005 and it was completely worn out. It has had only one paint job over the original paint and you can still see the original paint in some place as well as the factory “paint ok” stamps in the door jams. It has a Detroit soft locker in the rear differential and a Powertrax limited slip in the front differential (Dana 44) as well as a geared down transfer-case (Terra-Low gears) which makes it an extremely capable 4x4. Despite the fact that it is not a Sport or Ranger model it is a very high option truck including: factory remote mirror, side moldings, swing away spare tire carrier, hubcaps, radio (still original radio in dash), rear seat, horn ring, auxiliary gas tank, factory skid plates for the rear and auxiliary gas tanks and transfer-case, and factory power steering. The interior is all stock except for a 6-point roll cage and a “hidden” stereo with amp and iPod plug-in under the rear seat. You cannot remove the rear seat without removing this stereo and the wiring. I recently bought a Bronco script reproduction front mat to replace the original, old, crusty, broken one. The dash is not hacked and the dash pad is perfect. I also have put James Duff skid plates on both the front and rear differentials. This truck could be easily turned into a bone stock Barrett Jackson beauty or built into a super trail rig (but please don’t) OR just driven and enjoyed the way it is. The only bad thing about this Bronco is that the transmission leaks out of the shift rails and it has leaked like this since the day I bought it. The only way to fix this leak is to R&R the transmission and replace the seals inside the trans and I have just never done this. It drips about a nickel size drop every 2 weeks, not that bad. It has been garage kept 90% of the time I have had it. This Bronco has been voted into the ClassicBroncos.com calendar 2 years in a row and turns heads and gets thumbs up everywhere it goes.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
As soon as the 2020 Bronco rolls out, and my wife and are disappointed in it, we'll be spending our $40k-$50k on the real deal, like yours. GLWYS, awesome bronco.

boonz28

Contributor
Man, I've been a big fan of this truck since I first came to the forum. Bronco perfection imo. Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Bump and lowering price to $42,000. Thanks for all the compliments and well wishes.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
Love this truck.. I looks like its a competitive market in that price range right now, just need to hold out for the right buyer.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks gavindg. That is exactly what I have been thinking as well. I am in no hurry to sell.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
UGH! No, it's the same day as the off-road expo in Pomona. I will be at the Fierce Pierce Bronco convoy on Saturday the 2nd though. Hope to see you there.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
I will be trying to hit the convoy, but we just had our baby boy, so might be a tad early to get away for the day. I don't think my older kids would have as much fun on that long of a ride in the EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.