• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why isn't this selling?!

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Rant......

I can not figure out why this isn't selling.... ya I know it's the 6cyl but it's healthy and rips, ya it's not complete finished but that's an opportunity for someone to basically get some sweat equity. The body was removed, all the rust fixed, rust preventative paint applied to the complete chassy and underside of tub including a top coat. New bed liner. Wiring completely gone through, rerouted and hidden as much as possible.

If someone wanted to swap a motor, they would double the money it cost in value.

At 10k with the work that's been done, it's either a screaming deal to just drive, or a great platform to do whatever you want with....

Rant over.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/price-reduced-bronco/6217406551.html

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
My guess would be because it is a crawler or trail truck. I don't see a huge market for them. Secondly and just as important is the 6 banger. 5.5" lift and 39.5"s with the 6 banger is going to be a hard sell. You have done a lot of the upgrades and I don't think what you are asking is out of line, but I really think it is the 6 banger that is hurting you. I wouldn't mind a 6 banger, been on my wish list for years, but it will be a stocker.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Okay, I'll play, here's your blast:

You built a crawler with the most anemic six cylinder that was put into a Bronco and now you wonder why no one else wants it.

A stocker with a six would sell.
A crawler with a V8 (or even a much bigger six) would sell.

With all the other parts swapped in why didn't you put in an engine that would go with them?

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
That's hard to answer if you haven't driven it. It was torn down and reassembled the way it sits other than me replacing body panels, rockers, etc that where banged up. Thats why that 6 is in it. Plus, I'm going to drag him under the bus with me cause I know him well, I talked with monster mike about leaving the og motor or swapping it and he agreed to just leave it.

Regardless, at the price point, 10k , you can't find much of anything that even drives, let alone having the chassy and rust completely refurbished.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Rock crawlers and offroad truck don't bring much, look at what they actually bring and sit for sale for a long time. I bought at 351w, efi, atlas, built Bronco for less than 10k and another with 45-50k in it for 14.5k. It also looks somewhat thrown together and too far from stock to appeal to many. The 6 cylinder is a huge turn off to most.

Example that couldn't be replicated for what they are asking by far.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274742&highlight=broncosbybart

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Is that the '68 U13 you were talking about in another thread?

If so put that in the ad as well.

crab

Bronco Guru
Yea, very unfortunate. Believe me, I've been thinking about buying it just knowing what you've done. I put well over $50,000 and thousands of hours into my crawler several years ago and ended up selling it for $16,500 to a good friend that knew what I had into it. I'll probably get flamed for the link but it was a dandy. Everybody is right. The more stock it is the more money it will bring.
Unfortunately, this market is putting a lot of bronco lovers out of the game!
http://broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=276391

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
I agree that you have a cross, a crawler with a stocker motor.
I have the off road EB and looking for a stock one now, but usually its one or the other.
The cross will just mean you have to find a more unique buyer that will put in the new motor and finish it.
Someone will come along and buy it as is with all the great work you put in but it will take some time.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Aside from this Bronco, one thing that really bothers me about shops or dealers who sell broncos for 40k plus and advertise them as restored, but the body has never been off. Clearly showing in pics, it still has original body mounts and the just blast a bunch of undercoating on it... smdh

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Aside from this Bronco, one thing that really bothers me about shops or dealers who sell broncos for 40k plus and advertise them as restored, but the body has never been off. Clearly showing in pics, it still has original body mounts and the just blast a bunch of undercoating on it... smdh

lol, hate messing with them dealer.s...

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Is that the '68 U13 you were talking about in another thread?

If so put that in the ad as well.

And to add to my earlier reply, no its not it's a u15, if i did that to a u13 someone needs to kick me in the nuts and only allow me to own a jeep. Then it must be mandated for me to wear a home monitoring ankle bracelet, and by 'home' I mean in a mall parkin lot.

bsquared

Contributor
Holy Crawler, Batman!

Jeez, if the divorce wouldn't cost me so much, I'd buy that puppy even with the 6 banger!

I had just finished my I-6 to 5.0L a few days before my first time to K2 for the LEBC Roundup and have been wanting a true rock bouncer ever since. (met SuprDave and many other good folks on that trip!)

My LUBR is such a street queen that I can't afford to really put it through it's paces on the trails, it would just tear it up.

As others have said, you've done some wicked good work there. Your target audience is definitely someone like me, only w/o a wifey!

Good luck with your sale and that build would suit me fine as a trail bouncer....but I'd be a lonely pup w/o the wife!

Just did my last upgrade....Hydro, Baby! Best of luck, B2

Attachments

• LgBigHill.jpg
    LgBigHill.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 7FinSide.JPG
    7FinSide.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 8FinFront.JPG
    8FinFront.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 85

McLeod

Problems:

1) Craigslist- weirdos and extreme discount hunters

2) You have lowered the price ~$4,000 in a few weeks. If I was interested, I might wait even longer to see what is next.

3) Seattle Craigslist has many classic Broncos for sale that have been for sale for some time now. Maybe the local market is cooling down or never participated in the Bronco craze of the last few years.