• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why isn't this selling?!

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Problems:

1) Craigslist- weirdos and extreme discount hunters

2) You have lowered the price ~$4,000 in a few weeks. If I was interested, I might wait even longer to see what is next.

3) Seattle Craigslist has many classic Broncos for sale that have been for sale for some time now. Maybe the local market is cooling down or never participated in the Bronco craze of the last few years.

We got a bronco stalker here, lol just kidding. I watch cl a lot too.

Craigslist sucks, well people do. But I don't know a better platform to try and sell.

I've lowered the price 4k because I want it gone. I have 3 others that are stock or mild lift that need a few bucks to finish. I wouldn't sell it other than wanting to use the money to finish the others.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
As much as cl sucks, try posting it in other cities within half a day or day drive of you. I got more hits that way than in the Pittsburgh cl, but it didn't stop the lowballing.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First and foremost in my mind, you never advertise a $10,000 truck for $10,000.

Relist it at $9, 950

You will then get calls.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
First and foremost in my mind, you never advertise a $10,000 truck for $10,000.

Relist it at $9, 950

You will then get calls.

I usually do.... I've always had a concern when listing like that, people might think your a dealer not private party. I guess the price is what it is though. I changed it.

You just cost me 50 bucks ;)

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or I made you $9,950. :) sorry didnt see you just reduced the price. As noted post it in other states although craigs has filters to stop stuff like that.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I would post that bad boy on KSL as well. KSL is where I've found all my vehicles and gets a lot of attention here in the rocky mountain region, and with all the guys here that like to enjoy the trails here in Utah it definitely couldn't hurt.
Good luck

http://www.ksl.com/auto/

McLeod

We got a bronco stalker here, lol just kidding. I watch cl a lot too.

At least I don't call you up just to talk about all of my life Bronco experiences....Lol!

Tried offerupnow.com ?
At least it would be more exposure (and Millennials seem to use it more than C/L)

edit:
nevermind- I see you have...

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Honestly, it's Craigslist. The place where people looking to spend nothing shop. I f'ing hate Craigslist.

Nothing but bottom feeders there.

The truck is nice, like most others have said, the 6 banger and it being a crawler makes it a unique market item. Good luck, for the money some one could easily put a v-8 into it and be money ahead.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Mudford on here from my area has been crawling w/his 66 w/the 6 banger for Years and still going strong..

got a "few" squeaks but he keeps it going LOL and w/the big boys too

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Plus, I'm going to drag him under the bus with me cause I know him well, I talked with monster mike about leaving the og motor or swapping it and he agreed to just leave it.

Oh sure Carter...blame it all on me!!

LOL

You should take some video of that thing kicking ass and taking names at walker...seriously.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The trouble is that looks like an unfinished project crawler Bronco and those usually sell for a lot less than you are asking.

When ordinary Broncos even in poor condition had jumped to $10,000 and up on the CL local to me there were still crawler projects now and then that sat a long time for $6,000 or less.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I can relate some. I had a trail beast built last year with all the best parts. I never planned on selling it and it was for the trail so I didn't do body work. However, underneath was new and rebuilt parts and under the hood it was packed with new parts. An opportunity came along for me to move so I put it up for sale and it was a tough sale. I took a kicking in the pants but did find the right buyer.

-What you have is a trail Bronco so right off the bat it's worth less even though you've done a ton of work to it.
-I6 isn't helping although personally I think it's cool.
-No top, doors, or windshield? Hmm...
-Tough market
-It's on CL. The place where you get 6 spam messages a day and 2 real ones who want to low ball you because they are broke.
-Try Ebay next and be willing to help ship.

If you changed a few things and went the beach cruiser route, posted it in the right location, it would sell pretty quick I bet.

brewchief

My thoughts, it's far enough from stock that the resto guy is going to be wary of it, as a crawler it's on 39.5" tires on half ton axles, if I'm looking at a crawler I want 1 tons under it, 40 inch tires and a dana 44 won't last if you don't drive elegant.

I think it might be an easier sale with the 37" tires, I would also try to wrap up some of the little stuff it needs so it looks less like a project and more like a complete ready to go rig.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got a local Bronco junkie down this way Carter. I'll give him your C/L link to see if he's biting this month.;D

Paul