• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why isn't this selling?!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
And to add to my earlier reply, no its not it's a u15, if i did that to a u13 someone needs to kick me in the nuts and only allow me to own a jeep. Then it must be mandated for me to wear a home monitoring ankle bracelet, and by 'home' I mean in a mall parkin lot.

Yeah it was hot here today and I had jus came in to cool a spell when I asked that question.;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I've wheeled it as much as you have wheeled monster, so video of that happening is hard to find!

hard to wheel and pic/video at the same time right...

big plus of having a go pro

hang in there

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Let me ask you guys this question....

If I was to do the following, what do you guys think it would be worth?

-do any needed body work to make it straight.
-paint it olive army green, which ends up a satin finish it would look similar to this color scheme wise http://www.collectorcarads.com/Ford-Bronco/71148
-swap in a 302 or 351
-put it on 37s
-flush mounted windshield
- new exhaust

Running, driving, highly capable rig for offroad and can be DD.

What do you think that would be worth vs what it is now?

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru

-paint it olive army green, which ends up a satin finish it would look similar to this color scheme wise http://www.collectorcarads.com/Ford-Bronco/71148
-swap in a 302 or 351
-put it on 37s
- new exhaust

I would try broadening your advertising before spending another dime. Spending more money only to lose it doesn't make sense.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would think that if your putting more money into it, you should consider changing to a bit higher gear and smaller tire etc. to market it for the street? If not, it's now a straight body, nice (?) paint job trail rig which changes the market type once again.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

-swap in a 302 or 351
-put it on 37s
- new exhaust

That would be a big help, most buyers for trail rigs want more than a small six.

To sell it for more than a trail only rig, those.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
You're my neighbor. I just drove by and someone was looking at it.

As others have mentioned, you're currently trying to sell a four wheeler, not a Bronco. 10K is a lot of cash to plunk down for something that can't be driven home and won't keep the rain and sun off your head. Financing isn't even an option. Most people just don't have that kind of cash, so that eliminates a huge chunk of potential buyers.

The first thing I'd do is remove any off-road pics and trailer pics. Add pics of exterior, interior, dash, engine compartment, restoration, etc. The people with the cash want a Bronco, not some trailer queen stashed outside in the elements. Do what you can to make it streetable.

A friend of mine in Snohomish sold his Bronco awhile back and it took a long time. It was built similarly, but street ready. I think he finally took 10.5k

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Are you asking what it might be worth in order to determine if the additional work would be a good investment which would generate more profit? Or are you thinking it will just help sell it?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't spend a dime more other than a soft or bikini top. Seriously, nothing??:) You'll get that asking price, stand firm for now.

If I was closer I would come over.......

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
You're my neighbor. I just drove by and someone was looking at it.

As others have mentioned, you're currently trying to sell a four wheeler, not a Bronco. 10K is a lot of cash to plunk down for something that can't be driven home and won't keep the rain and sun off your head. Financing isn't even an option. Most people just don't have that kind of cash, so that eliminates a huge chunk of potential buyers.

The first thing I'd do is remove any off-road pics and trailer pics. Add pics of exterior, interior, dash, engine compartment, restoration, etc. The people with the cash want a Bronco, not some trailer queen stashed outside in the elements. Do what you can to make it streetable.

A friend of mine in Snohomish sold his Bronco awhile back and it took a long time. It was built similarly, but street ready. I think he finally took 10.5k

I appreciate your reply... How far do you live from cedarhome?

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Are you asking what it might be worth in order to determine if the additional work would be a good investment which would generate more profit? Or are you thinking it will just help sell it?

Yes, that was what I was asking....

Invision what it would with that list I described. I have hard doors, soft full and bikini top as well.

That's what I was getting at. What do you estimate the price at then? Basically a fully restored very capable dual purpose eb.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Yes, that was what I was asking....

Invision what it would with that list I described. I have hard doors, soft full and bikini top as well.

That's what I was getting at. What do you estimate the price at then? Basically a fully restored very capable dual purpose eb.

Got it, but I really suck at estimating value on anything but stockers
I got nothing.....

bsquared

Contributor
Bsquared, beautiful bronco you got there! Is the rear axle moved at all?

Thank you Carter! Rear axle hasn't been moved yet, but I'm thinking my next project will be to do just that...move it 1" to rear to get it away from that front LUBR corner, and I'll need to roll the inner lip on the fenders to give it another 1/2" of clearance on the sides. Oh wait.....didn't I say the Hydro was my "last" Bronco project?! haha If never ends.......!

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the Bronco is worth 10k easy, you just need to wait for the right buyer. I would post pictures with the doors and top, and maybe a few more detail shots and hold out for what you are asking.

If I was in the market and it was near me, I'd bring cash today. ;)