• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best way to remove smoke smell and ash from the interior? Thanks!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,
What's the best way to remove the smoke smell and ash from my interior? I only have front seats, a dash pad and bedliner but that ash wouldn't hose out and it smells like I was cook'n franks and smores from the front seat.
Thank you!
:cool:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hi Guys,
What's the best way to remove the smoke smell and ash from my interior? I only have front seats, a dash pad and bedliner but that ash wouldn't hose out and it smells like I was cook'n franks and smores from the front seat.
Thank you!

Get some coffee grains, put them in a plastic bag and leave it inside with the windows up. I've used this before to get rid of the cigarette smoke smell so it might work for this as well.

rspd505

Contributor
Loc.
Rising Sun, IN
Try FreshWave it is an odor eliminating gel. It traps odors in the gel, not just cover it up. It's made local to me and I have used it for mildew smell. It works great. This is the website.

FreshWaveWorks.com

wsager

I had a detail shop take a car I bought and use an ozone generator in the car in a garage. They left it overnight. It was bad and no smells afterward, nor did smells return for the 3 years that we owned that car. Didn't cost to much.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
This stuff worked good for me, its cheap and on ebay. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 61

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Same company as above, but a spray not a bomb. Used it on interior of a car and worked well... Dakota Non-Smoke Odor Eliminator

Attachments

• 41hmrtgPaBL.jpg
    41hmrtgPaBL.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 23

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I had a detail shop take a car I bought and use an ozone generator in the car in a garage. They left it overnight. It was bad and no smells afterward, nor did smells return for the 3 years that we owned that car. Didn't cost to much.

X2 on the ozone treatment it's amazing. I bought a used car that was owned by a smoker and it was ozone treated, no smoke smell at all. I rented a house for awhile that previously had a potbelly pig in it, smell absolutely horrible...I refused to move in, but after ozone treating for 3 days it was no problem.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
we use an ozone generator at work for used cars it works great. dryers sheets under the seats help a lot too especially if you use some ozium or frebreeze with it.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I say first high pressure air hose and blow it out as best you can, then vacuum everything, then Wife says sprinkle baking soda all over it, rub it around, let it sit a day, then vacuum. Then ozium. Then fresh air in the sun. Then time.

KBUCK1

Do the ozone. I bought an ozone generator big enough to do a car in 15 minutes. For less than 50 dollars.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Do the ozone. I bought an ozone generator big enough to do a car in 15 minutes. For less than 50 dollars.

Details please. I have bought many used cars that were smoker vehicles. The detail shop at the dealer uses an ozone generator to remove the smell and it works amazingly well. For $50 I would put one on the shelf off my garage.

PS: glad all you have is a smoke issue considering the news has half of California burned to the ground!

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info. So the top was off and our street is in one of the brush fires areas. I recently cleaned the old paint and waxed the snot out of it so the ash rinsed off the white paint easily. The interior is the problem. I hosed out the interior, used car wash soap and a big push broom with hot water to scrub the bedliner and a hand brush with warm water for the seats. The problem is the interior still smells like a fire pit. Maybe in a few weeks it will air out. Thankfully this is my biggest problem and nothing was lost in the fire.
Happy Sunday!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little closer and you could almost have baked the chicken right in place!
Glad that's all ya got too Chris. Sorry you were that close.
Then again... Lots of people ended up being pretty close to one or more of them!

Great suggestions from the crew too. I think they'd all be successful. Seen the ozone generators used in hotel rooms too, where someone didn't quite understand the smoking rules.

Good luck.

Paul

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably a lot of people down your way would like to know this right now! If they have an interior to clean.....

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
A little closer and you could almost have baked the chicken right in place!
Glad that's all ya got too Chris. Sorry you were that close.
Then again... Lots of people ended up being pretty close to one or more of them!

Great suggestions from the crew too. I think they'd all be successful. Seen the ozone generators used in hotel rooms too, where someone didn't quite understand the smoking rules.

Good luck.

Paul

Tell me about it. Fire came right to my back wall!! My house and my car smell like a 70's ashtray.

Attachments

• 20171205_095752.jpg
    20171205_095752.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171205_101128.jpg
    20171205_101128.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171208_094052.jpg
    20171208_094052.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 21