• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco shell in Angola, Africa

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
has anyone checked google street view?

LMAO .... NO but Google map backtracking the only possible roads he could have traveled to end up at the world’s biggest welwitschia plant ...

but wait the driver kick panel is gone ...
so 2 bumpers / inserts dash and grill ...should be all flight carry on.. lol

I cant believe how nice the rockers are !

Attachments

• angola5.jpg
    angola5.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 64
  • angola 4.jpg
    angola 4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 68
  • angola 66-wreckx.jpg
    angola 66-wreckx.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 142

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Stop drooling LOL You got flight connections Go check it out

LMAO .... NO but Google map backtracking the only possible roads he could have traveled to end up at the world’s biggest welwitschia plant ...

but wait the driver kick panel is gone ...
so 2 bumpers / inserts dash and grill ...should be all flight carry on.. lol

I cant believe how nice the rockers are !

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
This has me wondering if it could be the same one...

Attachments

• 100_1361.jpg
    100_1361.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 152

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was racking my brain as to whether that was Africa or Australia and couldn't remember if I had the pic saved. I have the magazine tho. Ford times.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$7K was a lot of money in 1967.......

He's the son of John Mecom Sr. Sr. was one of the richest oil men in America in his day. I wrote a letter to Mr. Mecom Jr. Of course he's the former owner of the Saints and a racing team (gave Danica her start) so I'm not sure if he'll respond. But he sold the Saints and has retired to a golf community in Houston so I'm hoping his free time and the picture from 1967 might get us a story of his adventure, even if it turns out his isn't the blue shell in Angola. I'll keep you all posted. I also hinted that if he's headed out to Scottsdale for Barrett Jackson, I'd love to invite the local Bronco owners so we could meet him.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good work. I also kind these the other night while looking for something else.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 63

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Frederick W Sturges
was a successful editor and publisher in the New York City area of numerous sporting magazines and books in the 1960s through the 1980s
At age 90 he passed away 2015 in AZ

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Good work. I also kind these the other night while looking for something else.

1967' article it appears? States "broncos have become a familiar sight".........wonder how many ended up there? Seems like there's a bunch of 67' u13 in South America, maybe Africa has more broncos than we think maybe.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1967' article it appears? States "broncos have become a familiar sight".........wonder how many ended up there? Seems like there's a bunch of 67' u13 in South America, maybe Africa has more broncos than we think maybe.

It says a familiar sight in the Western Mountains and Deserts, and even the Eastern cities of the US. In Africa Broncos are rare. The other thing is the photographer's Broncos have doors. The shell in Angola has door inserts like Mecoms. Nice half cab Okie!