• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spawn build (72 Bronco rebuild) (On the road finally!)

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
NicksTrix, Thats exactly right! I am at that stage, made a list of stuff I need still and can't believe there is that much left. The little things are non stop.

svastano, Thank you, its taken way longer than I expected.

I appreciate the replies, always encouraging to hear from the Bronco Community!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Looking good Langester - I figure that I’m 6 months behind you and targeting super cel next spring. You should be ready to drive it out to TN by then?

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I wish! The way things have been going I won't have enough money for gas to drive it to work much less take it somewhere cool! That is if and when I get done. Ha!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good. Better small stuff than NO stuff :)

I did some small stuff today, all my bigger projects are waiting on parts. I fixed my passenger air inlet box. The plate on the bottom was rusty so I cut out a stainless one to replace it and riveted it in place.
I bought a used console from a member on here, I had to modify it to fit inside my cage bars on the floor. Gotta have them cup holders!

pics.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks, I appreciate it! You are 100% right there, I am glad the major hurdles are done. The little stuff seems to take forever though.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
So, my console has been sitting in the living room floor for a week. I hope to take it down to where my Bronco is this weekend. There are two holes in the front that a previous owner put switches or something in. I was going to put some black rubber plugs in it at a later point. My awesome Wife was looking at it and came up with a great idea. I am a Plumber and my Wife's family own a Plumbing supply business so..........

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I was able to get the windshield frame supports in and finally got the hood as close as I could to matching every where. I had to modify the holes on the drivers side brackets for it to sit low enough. I have a wider gap on the passenger side than I do on the drivers side. I think the body is a little crooked in the front. I am going to try to move it over on the front body mounts a little to help things out. I have the soft top frame mounted up, I need to fab up some brackets for the window supports. I don't like the way it mounts to the door frame with a hole in the pillar. I looked at a few of the threads that address this so hopefully next weekend I can get the top on. I am going to pick up another gauge cluster next Friday so I can start wiring after I get that piece.
Tons of little stuff still for sure!
Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Howard2x4x4,
I used to ski all the time. I lived in Incline Village NV for a while as a kid, right next to Lake Tahoe. Snowed like crazy up there in those days, we went skiing all the time. When I moved to Colorado I went skiing one day and the guy I was renting skis from asked me the same question. Are you related to the folks that make Lange boots? My knees won't take it anymore, sure do miss it.
If I am related, nobody has mentioned it and I never got anything for free either! Maybe someday a long lost heir will drop me a line!
Good stuff! Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I got the pleasure of having Hank come by today to check out my Bronco and talk Bronco stuff for a while. Always nice to be able to talk with folks that understand these rigs and have a passion for them. Made my day for sure!

Thanks Hank! Hope to see you again soon my Friend! Safe travels!

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve was great to catch up and see your build. Keep after it and you will be done sooner than you might think. It really looks good.

Hank