• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 hubcap restoration

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thinking the results verify the cost. How many hours per does that take If I did it. About a million.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I was lucky that a fellow member on here found me a great set that are probably an 8 out of 10 condition.
I also ordered a set of decals from Drew. I don't know what type paint the factory used that would stick to the slick chrome. I'm having the same problem on my rare Product by ford motor company horn rim. I just got it back from chrome shop and now need to paint the lettering & detail.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
There is a pre paint called Stix primer. You can apply it to a mirror and paint will not peel after being applied on top of the Stix.

Play or be Played. I work way too hard to spend $800 to restore a set of hubcaps that I have $800 into already. I guess I will plug away at them myself and post the progress...

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey Beer did they ask the condition of your hubcaps or ask for pics? I would like to think the $200 quote is for worst-case hubcaps like Blue Bastard had with surface rust and beat to Hell which truly need restored (fabrication, chrome dip etc)

If it's a $200 flat fee, I'd have to agree, too rich for my blood.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Yes,
Of the first set one hubcap has a ding. They have been stored in a box in a barn since 1984. They are in good to great shape. I'm out!