• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Desperate times might call for desperate measures!

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Ok don't get excited but I might be contemplating selling my latest half cab creation. Some unforeseen issues have popped up and I'm trying to figure my best options.
I'd like you're guys honest opinions on what I might expect to get if I sold the bronco and the matching trailer off together? Most of you have seen and know what the bronco is but here's a quick recap.
1969 uncut rust free U-15. 97 explorer motor, 4R70W auto trans., WH 2.5" lift, 1" body. New 32x10x17" tires on dodge 17" wheels. New paint, new interior, LineX tub, son to have Bailie Built half cab cage.
Trailer is a 66 long bed cut in half and narrowed 9". Same width as bronco. Got DOT inspection and vin number assigned with clean and clear titles on both.
Ok let me rip. I know I know keep them if you can but just in case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 242

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What you asking just for trailer? I would not try to bundle both, that never seems to get the most money.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think you could reasonably expect to get something in the $30k-$40k range given what I've seen elsewhere, especially if you can afford to wait. Your pool of potential buyers goes up exponentially in the sub-$30k range, but that seems cheap for what you've got in that rig and trailer combination.

Bundling sometimes works in your favor, however I'm not sure that's the case here. I would probably list both at a premium and then provide a combined discount if someone wanted to purchase both FWIW.

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Cool thanks guys, it was right in the ballpark. I hope not to have to sell but we will see.
My air system at the powder shop failed and I'm looking at about 10k to replace it all. I've worked hard for the last 11 years to pay off all my equipment loans and cards so I hate to fall right back into the shit again already.
Well fingers crossed and we will see.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm not one for debt either, but having a $10k loan sounds better than starting over on a $35K bronco. Just thinking out loud, you know what's best for you and your situation.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I'm not one for debt either, but having a $10k loan sounds better than starting over on a $35K bronco. Just thinking out loud, you know what's best for you and your situation.

I second that, your business makes money let it pay for equipment and keep your personal assets out of the business. I speak from experience you sell the bronco the business will consume all of the money and a year from now your in the same boat and no bronco:cry: just my opinion

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
This is why I post here, you guys are always good at talking someone off the ledge. Sometimes my old guy brain is thinking retirement when I should listen to my young guy brain and keep my dream Bronco around a while longer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 47

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
This is why I post here, you guys are always good at talking someone off the ledge. Sometimes my old guy brain is thinking retirement when I should listen to my young guy brain and keep my dream Bronco around a while longer!

Exactly Sir!

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I second that, your business makes money let it pay for equipment and keep your personal assets out of the business. I speak from experience you sell the bronco the business will consume all of the money and a year from now your in the same boat and no bronco:cry: just my opinion

Being a small business owner myself I can tell you that this is 100% fact.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely just consider all options. Already some eally great advice, some storms blow thru relatively quickly - and I would vote on keeping that really nice Bronco (you know what you have).

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I totally understand where you are coming from but the business guys on here make a great point. If your business is making you money, let it pay for the new equipment you need. It will take a whole lot more than 10K to replace that. A year or two (or ten) down the road when you go to replace the bronco how much will that cost you? Good luck either way, sometimes life just deals you a crappy hand and you have to play it out.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know what the banks in Washington charge for interest, but I will guarantee you that the percent of growth of Broncos value in Alabama far exceeds the interest on a loan! Is it a no brainer?....It is to me, unless you just want to sale and build another...

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time to review this with your CPA. Look at a Line of Credit from your bank. Some of the interest will be deductible. Consider also the depreciation for a significant capital equipment purchase. CPA will tell you what your costs over time will be. Figure that into your overhead expenses and tax planning. You will have your answer. Do not trade an appreciating asset for a depreciating one, and keep your personal assets and business assets separate. Long way of saying: Keep your Bronco!