• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator Coolant/Washer Combo tank - Mounting

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Mine is just bolted to the inside inner fender as well. But a bracket would be a cleaner install.

IMG_2124_zpsv72blvhc.jpg

Supports9_zpsi29zprh8.jpg

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I haven't forgotten about you guys. Trying to make these easier to produce.

slim811

Contributor
My 71 has no antifreeze reserve tank. Where do you buy the dual reserve tank from? Thanks Slim.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
My 71 has no antifreeze reserve tank. Where do you buy the dual reserve tank from? Thanks Slim.

I got mine on Ebay -- it's a Dorman 603-212 Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir. You also need a pump - It's a ACDelco 8-6705 Windshield Washer Pump. I got mine on Amazon. It fits the tank perfectly and even uses factory Bronco plug if you have one.

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
/\/\ It's a very common Ford truck reservoir.

Also can be found in junkyards.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Question for those interested in this bracket design - The one off bracket that I made and posted pics of will require 3 holes to be drilled in the sheetmetal. One on the fender and two on the inner fender. That makes the design and attachment easier because it doesn't require a reference from the factory holes, but some might not like the idea of drilling more holes.

We are brainstorming mounting ideas right now and have come up with another option that uses the existing fender bolts to hold the bracket to the inner fender. That would require the front two fender bolts to be removed and replaced with a nut and bolt for the install. This method would be nice because new holes wouldn't need to be drilled, but it might cause issues with mounting if the holes aren't the same as my Bronco.

I am asking for opinions on the mounting style because my Bronco doesn't have the inner fenders anymore so it is difficult to think about all the issues that could come up with each attachment methods. Any input would be appreciated.

BroncoChicken

I would love to be able to use the fender bolts, or even the holes in the fender to front clip support under the reservoir. Fewer holes=better in my book. I have enough rusty spots that have gone through the sheet metal.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I would love to be able to use the fender bolts, or even the holes in the fender to front clip support under the reservoir. Fewer holes=better in my book. I have enough rusty spots that have gone through the sheet metal.

Cool, that makes sense to me. Here is a version that we are going to test soon.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Put me on the list too! No holes needed, I don't mind drilling, finishing and painting or PC. Thanks Scott and Jaromy!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Put me on the list too! No holes needed, I don't mind drilling, finishing and painting or PC. Thanks Scott and Jaromy!

Will do! I'm not sure if we're creating multiple mounts so if we go with those one, no drilling required.

Getting close....

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
This little bracket is pure genius. Not only makes it super easy to remove tank, it has the caps located away from the fender so it's not a pita to remove them.
20e5cb53ef4c58f89ff6f331fade0144.jpg
73eee0e3687aa76a8d727fb97ae6a888.jpg