• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Award for Best Truck

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The 33rd Albuquerque Museum car show and our third time participating, we are three for three in awards for the red '71 in the truck class in a crowded field of competitors. Everybody loves Broncos and there was a steady stream of admirers for both Broncos. This is one of the most popular local shows and a big show with maybe 300 or vehicles of all description in the competition. Below are a few pictures. The wife was following the movie appearance and the book cover theme, popular with families and young girls. I followed the 40 years of ownership and awesome restoration theme, popular with everybody who ever wanted a Bronco.

Paul McLaughlin, author of the Bronco book with the wife's Bronco on the cover, dropped by. So the wife had to get their pictures taken in front of the cover Bronco. Paul said that the Bronco book was the most successful book that he had done. In fact he has gotten a couple of royalty checks, which he has never gotten on any previous book. Furthermore, the sales were way more than usual, and the publisher was thinking about a second addition. Paul is also an artist and had several of his paintings on display in the indoor display area. He brought his current project, the Bullet Mustang. Not a Bullit Mustang,but the Bullet Mustang…because it had a bullet hole in the roof!

Attachments

• 01_P3214815s.jpg
    01_P3214815s.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 02_P3214816s.jpg
    02_P3214816s.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 206
  • 03_IMG_0552s.jpg
    03_IMG_0552s.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 04_P3214832s.jpg
    04_P3214832s.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 05_IMG_0557s.jpg
    05_IMG_0557s.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 06_IMG_0563s.jpg
    06_IMG_0563s.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 07_P3214839s.jpg
    07_P3214839s.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 192

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very cool, and congrats on your award! Both are awesome rides, thanks for sharing.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Great stuff Mr n Mrs Mars:cool: Very cool the wife got the picture with Paul.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Congrats! And now I know what Mr. McLaughlin looks like. I have quite a number of his books.

Todd Z.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the awards. I always look forward to your post, great looking Broncos and always cool pics and stories

Broncomt

Guess I have a "bullet" Bronco. A PO shot through the right side of the tyranny hump. Had to of just missed the tranny. Big hole to haha.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
congrats and thanks for posting some great pics!

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Thanks for the comments. I think fun was had by one and all.

One of the things that is always enjoyable about these public events are the comments from attendees. The general comment that both of us heard over and over again as couples and families approached went something like this: "Look a couple of cool old Broncos! Those things are getting awfully expensive!" Or something like, " Boy, back when we were driving these things we had no idea that they would become the iconic 4x4s that they are now.Who would've thought?!" Well, some of us "thought" even way back when.;)

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Congrats on the awards you guys! Well earned and deserved. Both are awesome trucks for sure!

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Beautiful beautiful Broncos. This pair, especially the red one and what it went through, have always been an example of clean nicely done Broncos.