• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MACKDDY build thread

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Congrats on the graduation! That's a helluva milestone by itself!

EB's looking good too! Going to do another wrench-a-que again this year?

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
YES for a wrenching day. im thinking perhaps september 17.

maybe we can build up a set of doors and to the seat covers!

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I spent the better part of yesterday welding in a vent to gas tank and shooting a coat of primer on it. It came painted but had the imprint of the cardboard box rubbed into it from shipping = not acceptable appearance :)

Today I'm thinking to fix the fuel feed line I damaged and get the body down onto the cart to get the rockers ready to weld. Then clean up the shop and get ready for wrench a que next weekend.

Roll cage is at powder coater and should be done this week.

It's been a busy summer work and personal life wise but still a lot of progress has been made. Just the rockers and some clean up welding and the metal work will be done!!

Hank

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Looks like its coming along nicely. Its sure nice when you can say that you are done with at least one part of the project. It makes the whole thing feel less overwhelming. Good luck with the rest of it and keep the pics coming.
Have a good one!

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
some pics.

roll cage ready to go to powder coat. hoping to sneak over and pick it up this afternoon.

IMG_3068.jpg IMG_3093.jpg

getting ready to recover seats so i fabricated new under foam wire frames. still need to fab the wire frames what add support for my a$$

IMG_3014.jpg IMG_3158.jpg IMG_3157.jpg IMG_3013.jpg

the new 23 gallon tank i got from a member here a couple years ago was all rubbed from the cardboard box so i scuffed it and resprayed it.

IMG_3154.jpg

managed to sneak in some whale watching with number one daughter, cool beverages in El Paso after hitting the pull-a part, some hiking in the whites, and caught the Springsteen show at Foxboro.

IMG_3087.jpg IMG_3072.jpg IMG_3120.jpg IMG_3153.jpg

damn im tired :)

Hank

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WHO has it better than Hank San Diego? ;)

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i fetched the roll cage from powder coater yesterday. very pleased with the results.

IMG_3169.jpg IMG_3168.jpg IMG_3166.jpg

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Are we putting that beauty in Saturday? I hope so, as I want to try it out for headroom!

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are we putting that beauty in Saturday? I hope so, as I want to try it out for headroom!

not going in on Saturday. sliding seat frames not ready for prime time.

You grinded all the welds on the cage?

yes, started as just cleaning up booger welds and i just kept going

That thing is down right sexy! History on the cage? Who welded that? WOW

its a BroncoBob cage. came with the partially welded option. i welded the front bars and most of the bungs in.

Hank

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got any pictures of the grinds before powder? You are making me want to get my grinder and flap dish and sanding disks out!

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
they mostly all looked like this. IMG_3068.jpg

i have a wee bit of OCD sometimes.....

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably close to 25 hours including cigar and beer breaks. Knowing what I know now, and having found easier methods etc it can be done in less. Totally worth the effort in my mind now that it's done.

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so folks, long time since last posting :-(

so wrench a que back in September was a great day. Turns out that Tasker is particularly skilled at hold stuff while adhesive spray sets up :)

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

i got the rest of the seat covers installed. just need a warm sunny day to set the backs out to warm up for a last adjustment

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

i scored a set of mustang headrest and installed those

IMG_3349.JPG

by then it was essentially xmas time and i was in Berlin for a work conference

IMG_3406.jpg

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Christmas time rolls right into ski season. While working the day job, i also skied 72 days, gave over 125 hours of lessons, and passed a couple of instructor certification exams.

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

just at the end of ski season i figured life wasnt busy enough so i went ahead and fabricated a kidney stone. damn that hurt......

IMG_3661.JPG

i've been busy catching up on travels since ski season ended. I popped into Michigan truck to get some 2020 intel :) (they weren't sharing...)

IMG_3707.JPG

Hank