• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Special Paint - 1973

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a great follow-up edland! Not many can still find people that worked with, or knew the people and process from that many years ago.
Appreciate the filled in blanks.

Be great if more of us could do that. For sure keep some kind of record of that conversation with the "book" on your Bronco.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Spoke with Mr. John Jenkins of Jenkins Ford in Buckhannon, WV. He has been in Ford Sales since he was in High School. Mr. Jenkins purchased B and R Ford Sales, Inc of Buckhannon, WV and name it Jenkins Ford. I left a message for Mr. Jenkins last Friday about my Bronco and he returned my call this morning. He reached out to his body shop and discovered the "Special Paint" code for the 73 Bronco is "G" Chrome Yellow, it is the color that my engine bay was painted. To view the color follow this link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B1N_rnnnIs. The order type of "Summer-Winter Rental" was a purchase made by the dealership for use as a customer loaner and a rental. It was not used for government agencies, local, state or federal and it was not a solid color, the top was white.

My thanks to Mr. Jenkins and his staff.

Definitely post in the "share your marti report" thread. Cool info, thanks for the follow up post. :cool:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Mine was a '73 with no paint code.

It "was" a government vehicle.
Jacksonville Electric authority.
My Dad and I were the first to register it in 1982.
Prior to that it had those funny looking small black and white tags.

It was originally green and white. No mention of color on the VIN.
Not an attractive color combo, lol.