• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New(to me) Bronco Owner

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Well I do not believe there are any Bronco specific restoration shops in the Valley. There are probably some shops that could handle certain tasks and they would be cheaper than say coming over here to the Bay Area for work.

There is bound to be local Bronco Brothers and Sisters near you, maybe they can help you with some of the work or point you in the right direction locally.
I used a mobile Upholstery guy out of Los Banos. I bought all the seat rebuild parts from WildHorses, he picked up the seats and brought them back a week later. I was happy with the job/convenience/quality/price

As an example, Andrew does beautiful work and is in demand. Especially in today's Bronco market. I would bet if he commented he would say he is booked for work for months.

I think if you get the drivetrain/suspension/brakes/tires done locally, that is your 1st step. You can do a lot of the cleaning and scrubbing yourself. And start driving it that way. Patina is highly valued by many... Start by making it a safe driver.

Body work/rust repair/paint is going to be an expense.
Getting someone to rewire, if needed, is going to be expensive labor time wise.

I always tell bronco owners to sit down and make a list of all the things they want done. Items can be lumped into groups of things that can be done together.
From there you can get an idea of parts and labor, then comes a budget. I am sure there are folks that can just walk into a shop and say fix it with an open checkbook. But most of us are not like that.

Those are my suggestions... Doug