• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Russo and Steele

OP
OP
AZ73

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some reports from R&S. This is why you never buy a Bronco sight unseen:

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-...7&search_text=bronco&page=featured&showpage=1

Outside was newer paint with cracking. The DS front frame was cut off, and a piece of plate was welded on where the steering box was. Another steering box was bolted to the inside of the plate, and the pitman arm had another 1/2 of pitman arm welded on to make the steering work. I looked under the 3 layers of rubber mat on the Driver's floor to see a piece of sheet metal pop riveted on to the old floor. I suspect the owner (or part of his group) was questioning me about my opinions of the Truck, claiming he was a friend of the owner and was down here to bid on it (why wouldn't you just buy it from the owner?). Once I started pointing stuff out, well, it was time to move on.

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpg
    IMG_6513.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So basically mine will be worth about $100,000 then, hmmm.

Rhino lined headliner is a thing, works well at reducing the noise and oil canning.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And maybe even cheaper, depending on what liner you would have chosen.

Anyone notice on that Bronco in AZ's #2 post, that even after all these years it's still using an original '66-'68 style draglink with the spring-loaded end? They haven't even been available as replacements through the aftermarket for like 20 years or so!
I wonder what it's condition is.

Although, with that pitman arm, the condition of the rest of the steering linkage is kind of moot.

Paul

OP
OP
AZ73

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You should do it....

I'll go back after I drop off my out of town guest here for the auctions and see how the bidding goes. It's its a good deal and not a high reserve......

OP
OP
AZ73

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some reports from R&S. This is why you never buy a Bronco sight unseen:

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-...7&search_text=bronco&page=featured&showpage=1

Outside was newer paint with cracking. The DS front frame was cut off, and a piece of plate was welded on where the steering box was. Another steering box was bolted to the inside of the plate, and the pitman arm had another 1/2 of pitman arm welded on to make the steering work. I looked under the 3 layers of rubber mat on the Driver's floor to see a piece of sheet metal pop riveted on to the old floor. I suspect the owner (or part of his group) was questioning me about my opinions of the Truck, claiming he was a friend of the owner and was down here to bid on it (why wouldn't you just buy it from the owner?). Once I started pointing stuff out, well, it was time to move on.

FYI sold for $24,000. Yikes!