• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Krawlers edge roll cage

KBUCK1

Only if the ground is flat. What about a rock, a log or another vehicle poking up?

Listen, im not saying its the best design out there. I dont have one and dont intend to have one. Many were coming on here knocking the cage saying the front would collapse. Your head would be back by the b post or the main hoop and not at the front. I think its far safer than one thinks upon first glance.
As far as rocks and logs are concerned, i would think they would fit through any cage. A post running to the floor wouldn't help you there.

OP
OP
M

mac77

Loc.
Vicksburg
Yep. I like it. Pretty sure I’m gonna pull the trigger on this one. Will, your bronco looks nice thanks for the pic.

willtel

Nice lookin ride. I like the cage too. Did you go pick it up or have them ship it?

I picked it up. They have some cool stuff in the shop to drool over and everyone there is very friendly.

Yep. I like it. Pretty sure I’m gonna pull the trigger on this one. Will, your bronco looks nice thanks for the pic.

Thanks guys. I've got the hardtop back on now, let me know if you need any more pics.

There are also some pics in their Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/krawlersedge/

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm 6'-3" tall and I can't remember once wishing I didn't have an A pillar on my cage.

I'm not an engineer and have never seen one of these cages from Krawlers Edge but to me the front reminds me of the pickup roll bars from some years back. They were basically for looks. My cage isn't the best available but I do like the A pillar.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
If anyone has additional pictures of the Krawlersedge family cage, please post. Thank you.

rednck21

The red one in the pics that clarrance posted on the first page is mine. I’ve had the cage about a year and a half now and absolutely love it!

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Local Boy, did you weld your windshield frame to the cowl? How do you like it? Was it difficult to gauge where the cage would attach?

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not a cage designer but unless you tie your A pillars to your frame, the only thing holding them up is some 22 gauge floor sheet metal. Do you really think that will keep the cage over your head from bending down and more than the window frame? Balie's design has a lower hoop so it WON'T punch through the floor. As he's explained, he designed it specifically that way because he's seen it punch through the floor. Again, I'm not a designer, but without a tie into the frame, I don't think your A pillar is gonna save you much more than the window frame plus the angle support of the KE, but I'd like to hear from a real cage engineer. And factory Jeep Roll cages are a similar design to KE. The 6 point after market ones didn't seem to hold up much better.

Attachments

• 6 point jeep cage.jpg
    6 point jeep cage.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 2003 Wrangler - Pewter.jpg
    2003 Wrangler - Pewter.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 315
  • jeep roll1.jpg
    jeep roll1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 285
  • CodysJeep7-4-2009017.jpg
    CodysJeep7-4-2009017.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 04050032.jpg
    04050032.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 280
  • highres_9499357.jpeg
    highres_9499357.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 269
  • highres_9499364.jpeg
    highres_9499364.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Not saying it is a good design but i think we can all agree that it is better than NONE at all!!!

willtel

Not saying it is a good design but i think we can all agree that it is better than NONE at all!!!

That is what I was aiming for.

Maxlider Brothers Customs has been teasing a new one that is supposed to be shown at SEMA this year that looks good.

41664728_656616958072484_6720305774132648502_n.jpg

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
That is what I was aiming for.

Maxlider Brothers Customs has been teasing a new one that is supposed to be shown at SEMA this year that looks good.

Has the same issues to from my POV.
The A pillar attaches to the dash? Not anything really gonna help you out there.
And looking at it; I suppose they'll claim it's connected to the frame as it appears to use the body mount bolts to attach it. So the frame and the cage with the body panels sandwiched? Now we'll be debating the strength of bolts versus a welded tie-in.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
This hurt, I rolled 4 times. I think I used up 2 lives that day. I wished that I had a A pillar among other things.

Jeep.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks to me like the "B" stayed attached to the floor and the entire floor, in this case, the top of the inner fenderwell, collapsed and gave way.

Todd Z.

bchesley

I have rolled end over end twice on the trail with a frame attached cage and it's still scary as hell. I would never wheel a bronco that uses a krawlers edge cage. It gives a false sense of hope because you appear to be surrounded by protection. If you wheel your bronco hard get a Bailie Bilt cage and make some tie-ins to the frame. Your life and your passengers depend on it. Not something you want to do over after a screw up. I know!

If you mall crawl and need support for a bikini top then what ever floats your boat....