• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering box with coyote help

OP
OP
I

Iwannagofast

I also have a custom stock frame with lots of suspension goodies. They’re telling me I need to retain the stock holes on the frame just FYI.

mbhaddad

I'm in the same process of selecting a box for a coyote built, based on researching i think you will get three responses. Interested to see it confirmed though:

For all three options do the frame re-enforcement, and you will need the additional plate to move it outward for the coyote.

1. If you want to stay stock buy a used box for 350-400 and send it to wcb for 150, use a flat rate shipping box. Stock holes would be correct for this or the one linked to from WH. This box will be at the upper end of it's capacity at 33" and you may experience shorter than desired lifespan

2. Do the 4x4x2 conversion and save compared to the linked WH link, strongest kit out there, it will require either making a notch in the cross member or drilling a crooked hole otherwise. It also will require 1 additional hole. It will be putting much more force on the frame so make sure it is reinforced

3. Do a Borgeson kit for a little more affordable option then a stock WH unit and potentially a little bit stronger, but not a full rock crawler setup. This is a nice setup but for the same price as the 4x4x2. Less frame modification potentially

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
You will want to do the 4x4x2 box or at least 4 turn box with the coyote
Just had a customer remove his new newley rebuild stock box (77 3-1/2 turn) because it is too sensitive, the 1/2 turn does make a big difference. With the coyote “power” and torque short wheel base and speed are not good when you have sensitive steering.

STalon89

If it is just a street truck, go with the 4 turn borgeson box. It is all you'll need.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Here is a picture I took today of a coyote with the 4x4x2 box

Attachments

• CDFBC750-7D4E-4947-AE1A-D97F09B2035A.jpg
    CDFBC750-7D4E-4947-AE1A-D97F09B2035A.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 205

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
For anyone coming to look here just be aware if you go with the 4x4x2 box from BC it won't fit will all setups. This is due to the power steering lines coming from the left/inside which is right next to the belt. The Borgeson comes off the top which will work with all setups I've seen so far.

Pictured:
Krawlers Edge front acc drive/motor mounts
BCBroncos reinforcement plate welded to OEM frame and coyote spacer plate
BCBroncos 4x4x2 steering box

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2593.jpg