• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SC Searching for first Bronco and advice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova'sMom

Hi, everyone. I posted a while back seeking opinions on a bronco I found here in Myrtle Beach. What a great resource this is...

I am still looking to buy a restored (or in great shape) Bronco-- not a project. I prefer an uncut, automatic but I don't have any other specific desires. I want an occasional/daily driver- so nothing too jacked up. Something to cruise to the beach in with my dog-- and my husband I guess. ;)

I have been digging around on this site as well as others. Y'all are a great group of helpful folks.

Has anyone ever dealt with Max Lider? They have some amazing work- but most of their rigs look too "done up" for me. They have an occasional one that is within my price range and one that is fixed up how I'd like.

Just looking for some opinions....

Thanks! Keep an eye out for my perfect Bronco for me, please!

chuzie

Bronco Guru
You may be better off finding something that needs some work and customizing it within your price range. Charles McCutcheon in Charleston has been doing builds for folks for quite some time. Send him a PM - his screen name is blazinchuck

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Skip Max linder.... keep your eyes out on the Forum Craigslist and eBay. Try to get something you can check out in person. In your price range you're going to have to be quick and be on the hunt.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Skip Max linder.... keep your eyes out on the Forum Craigslist and eBay. Try to get something you can check out in person. In your price range you're going to have to be quick and be on the hunt.

^ I agree with every bit of this, especially the first part.

You can find a very nice driver in that price range, but it'll take some patience to find the right one. Like mentioned, you have to be quick because tons of other people are looking too and a good deal is snatched up lightning fast.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
And to ad to what JG said above don't be surprised if you strike a deal with someone and before you get there they call and tell you someone offered them more money.

Mechanical work is easy compared to rust buckets.

OP
OP
N

Nova'sMom

There's one on CL in Myrtle Beach. '76 uncut - a tad over your budget though...

Thanks! I heard about this one- someone else was looking at it over the weekend. I may take a look if it's still available. Do you have any immediate thoughts on it?

NCBeachBronco

Looks clean for sure, but is it a 40k Bronco? Not if I was paying. There are 5 others for sale in the Wilmington NC area ranging from 28k - 42k. Three of these are on CL if you want to look - they all have cut fenders though... I know where a half cab is for 15k - Currently a driver with nice paint, but don't look too deep...

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
And to ad to what JG said above don't be surprised if you strike a deal with someone and before you get there they call and tell you someone offered them more money.

Ha! I know who one culprit of that is...%)

Status
Not open for further replies.