• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D60 Full Float Rear Axle Flanges!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Something new for us at Ruffstuff! I tried to buy these from another vender but he wanted more than what I am willing to sell these for so we had to make them ourselves and improve them along the way ;)

Wheel%20flange%20d60.jpg

These are unique in that they will both work for Chevy or Ford D60 front spindles. These have both patterns. They are also made to clear the biggest of calipers.

So far we only make these with a 3.5" opening but the 3.25" are on the way!

The way we made them less expensive is all in the machinists' methods and these were made for us by Kyle at NWF. Kyle has a pretty good idea of the best ways to do things. The end result is what counts but the way you get there is what you end up paying for.

With these you can easily use a 35 spline shaft on the rear using common D60 front axle parts. I see these as a great way to use a 9", Sixty9, Solid14, or Torq rear third member and minimize your spare parts needs by using what you already use on the front axle.

These are made from 44W 1" Plate and machined for a press fit. They are $160 a pair for as long as we can afford it but we have 40 pair on the shelf as of today :)

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/FLANGE60.html

Last edited:

bludorbronc

are you going to make a set that slides into the axle bearing hole and bolts in so you dont have to cut the housing off. no welding, all bolt in to make a full floater.if so are you going to carry the caliper bracket for 15,5x5.5 and hub and rotor.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
are you going to make a set that slides into the axle bearing hole and bolts in so you dont have to cut the housing off. no welding, all bolt in to make a full floater.if so are you going to carry the caliper bracket for 15,5x5.5 and hub and rotor.
I don't plan to, it would add width (~3" overall) and that would also rely on multiple bolts rather than 1 good weld.