• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First V8 Bronco built

Braden555

Loc.
Paso Robles
Hi all

I have a 1966 Wagon with a 289 V8 the VIN is U15NL836118. I have found through some research that Ford started to put the 289 in march of 1966 the year and month mine was built. I haven't been able to find out what number was the first V8 installed and how many broncos were built with a v8 in 1966. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever seen an older one than mine or knows where to find that info.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Braden. Good question.
And here's about the best place to post that too, since the Marti Reports are not available for the '66 model year, it's tough to find that kind of info out.
There is also a site for Roadster Broncos I think, that might have discussed that stuff too.

Interested to hear what others know about it.
And welcome to classic too by the way!

Paul

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome indeed!

That's a great question. It would be nice if there could be a registry for all the pre-Marti report Bronco's out there. A spreadsheet type format where a person could fill in the codes from their data plate maybe? A running thread on here?