• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 73 Explorer (under the rust) Stripe delete

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
'73 Explorers didn't have stripes. This one probably isn't in terrible shape.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Only the '76s had the stripe package and I've never seen a '76 Explorer that didn't come with stripes.

X2 on all of that. Only the '76s and I've never seen one without either.

However, I know of an all original base model '76 that has white Explorer stripes. The original owner still has it and says they were on since new.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Even I think it's too far gone when I looked at it! Been a while since I've seen a rusted out air cleaner. I was trying to be optimistic that the rear bed area might be solid, but you can see daylight thru the left front wheel tub seam.

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor

Attachments

• 76 explorer brochure.jpg
    76 explorer brochure.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 38

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
No, '72 was the only year of the Sport Explorer, and no stripes. It has the Sport fender badge and beltline trim, stainless vent windows and window trim, with the Explorer glove box badge with one year only Saddle interior with plaid cloth insert, vinyl tan door panels and arm rests, and tan f/r mat.
The Blue one on that link is a '76.

Bogar

I must be missing something. Current bid is $6,200 with over 2 days to go. Why is it bringing so much money (considering condition)??

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I must be missing something. Current bid is $6,200 with over 2 days to go. Why is it bringing so much money (considering condition)??

May not be the case here but people have been known to possess multiple eBay accounts to bid on their own stuff, and eBay either allows it to happen or does not (care to) know how to prevent it.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac

I remember that blue '72 from years ago and it is one of the worst to use for an example. It's a '72, painted a '76 only color with '76 only stripes, and has '73 only interior. And '72 is the only year to have the Sport/Explorer combo package. If I remember correctly, it was an eBay special and someone apparently found a lot of bad information while building it.

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
I remember that blue '72 from years ago and it is one of the worst to use for an example. It's a '72, painted a '76 only color with '76 only stripes, and has '73 only interior. And '72 is the only year to have the Sport/Explorer combo package. If I remember correctly, it was an eBay special and someone apparently found a lot of bad information while building it.

I was already suspect of the americanrelics 72 authenticity prior to this thread. By the way check the Recent Ebay $6,200 bid. Hard to believe, that’s what I paid for my running 71 (+ xtra parts) not quite 4 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I was already suspect of the americanrelics 72 authenticity prior to this thread. By the way check the Recent Ebay $6,200 bid. Hard to believe, that’s what I paid for my running 71 (+ xtra parts) not quite 4 years ago.

In January of 2014 I bought my semi-running '71 for $4200
The body on it is much better than this one, and it's not very good.

Four months later prices went insane.