• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nicks Trix / Helen Keller Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DINOONE

I've been trying to find reasons not to write this but I'm just over it. I sent my Bronco to Nick's Tricks in April of 2014 and was returned to me May of 2017. I sent my truck to Nick's because a lot of people recommended him. I was excited to say the least to have this rebuild done. Spoke to Nick and explained to him what I was looking for. I explained to him that I wanted a build I could pass down to my son when he got older enough to drive (he was 1, now 4 yrs old) over the months I sent checks totaling close to $100k. There was a communication error with Meredith where she had my wrong email so I never got invoices for the build. It wasn't until I left town for a few months and the payment stop coming that I finally received a call. I know builds like what I wanted take time so I wasnt that worried. I wasn't able to pick the truck up due to some bullshit sales tax issues nick brought up which was my mistake I should have at least flown out to see it but I didn't. They loaded the truck on a transport and sent it down. Here's where my nightmare begins. While unloading the truck it kills twice getting out of the trailer (no big deal right it happens.) looking over the truck I notice none of the bumpers had been really powder coated. They were just as I sent them. There was rust coming from the mirrors and door handles which immediately struck me as odd. One of the handles looked like it was damaged and they took a fucking sharpie and colored it in.....

Jumped in the truck to take it for a drive and test out the new AC system not working. Power steering was sticking and couldnt turn the wheel.

I immediately called Nick and told him about the issues. I told him I was extremely disappointed on how my $100k build was done. His exact words were "What do you want me to do?" And then hung up. I never bothered to call back nor did he ever reach back out to me. You would think a customer that paid you a $100k would at least deserve a call back at some point just to see if the issues where resolved.

Over the past 6 months I've spent over $20k getting things corrected and fixed that should have been done in the first place on a build of this caliber.

Vintage AC system out of warranty compressor was bad, condenser leaking.
Replaced power steering pump hydroboost
Fuel pump was not wired properly and would lose power due to loose connections
Wildwood Brakes Calipers all of the mounting hardware and hardware holding the calipers together were loose causing the entire calipers to bend and fail had to order a complete new set due to the fact they were installed improperly.
Transmission had to be rebuilt due to the fact there was little to no fluid in the fucking Trans. and it over heated my fault for not checking but again it's coming from a shop.

Finally we get to the paint work which us complete shit! There are scratch marks in the bondo, the seam sealer on everything is cracking, the paint has more fisheyes then a fish market. It's unbelievable that anyone would let shit like this our of there shop.

I would never in my life make a recommendation for anyone to send there EB to Nicks Trixs.

If your on his list get your deposit back. If you are having a build done fly out and look at it and don't take it until everything is the way you want it.

I hate doing shit like this but after I started adding up my bills last night I got so pissed I couldn't even sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I've been trying to find reasons not to write this but I'm just over it. I sent my Bronco to Nick's Tricks in April of 2014 and was returned to me May of 2017. I sent my truck to Nick's because a lot of people recommended him. I was excited to say the least to have this rebuild done. Spoke to Nick and explained to him what I was looking for. I explained to him that I wanted a build I could pass down to my son when he got older enough to drive (he was 1, now 4 yrs old) over the months I sent checks totaling close to $100k. There was a communication error with Meredith where she had my wrong email so I never got invoices for the build. It wasn't until I left town for a few months and the payment stop coming that I finally received a call. I know builds like what I wanted take time so I wasnt that worried. I wasn't able to pick the truck up due to some bullshit sales tax issues nick brought up which was my mistake I should have at least flown out to see it but I didn't. They loaded the truck on a transport and sent it down. Here's where my nightmare begins. While unloading the truck it kills twice getting out of the trailer (no big deal right it happens.) looking over the truck I notice none of the bumpers had been really powder coated. They were just as I sent them. There was rust coming from the mirrors and door handles which immediately struck me as odd. One of the handles looked like it was damaged and they took a fucking sharpie and colored it in.....

Jumped in the truck to take it for a drive and test out the new AC system not working. Power steering was sticking and couldnt turn the wheel.

I immediately called Nick and told him about the issues. I told him I was extremely disappointed on how my $100k build was done. His exact words were "What do you want me to do?" And then hung up. I never bothered to call back nor did he ever reach back out to me. You would think a customer that paid you a $100k would at least deserve a call back at some point just to see if the issues where resolved.

Over the past 6 months I've spent over $20k getting things corrected and fixed that should have been done in the first place on a build of this caliber.

Vintage AC system out of warranty compressor was bad, condenser leaking.
Replaced power steering pump hydroboost
Fuel pump was not wired properly and would lose power due to loose connections
Wildwood Brakes Calipers all of the mounting hardware and hardware holding the calipers together were loose causing the entire calipers to bend and fail had to order a complete new set due to the fact they were installed improperly.
Transmission had to be rebuilt due to the fact there was little to no fluid in the fucking Trans. and it over heated my fault for not checking but again it's coming from a shop.

Finally we get to the paint work which us complete shit! There are scratch marks in the bondo, the seam sealer on everything is cracking, the paint has more fisheyes then a fish market. It's unbelievable that anyone would let shit like this our of there shop.

I would never in my life make a recommendation for anyone to send there EB to Nicks Trixs.

If your on his list get your deposit back. If you are having a build done fly out and look at it and don't take it until everything is the way you want it.

I hate doing shit like this but after I started adding up my bills last night I got so pissed I couldn't even sleep!

Honestly this is the first neg. Feedback ever heard on Nick.

Doesn't add up as to why he would do this?but I'm sure Nick will chime in.

bigjhoov

nobody
Meh....I'm sure there's more to the story that you're leaving out. I've worked on a couple of Nick's builds, first class work. Let's hear the whole story.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Honestly this is the first neg. Feedback ever heard on Nick.

Doesn't add up as to why he would do this?
but I'm sure Nick will chime in.

^^ 2X ^^

oh boy ~~
popc1.gif

whiteflag.gif

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
If I dropped 100k I would wants Pictures and documentation of the work. And not that I ever dropped that kinda a coin but I would think some funds would be held back until I was 100% satisfied with the job to take delivery.
Never the less sorry your unhappy good luck

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Nick's stuff looks better than an ICON.

Some thing is up here, not sure what but Nicks rep is stellar, of course the original poster knows that,which is likely why they dropped a hundred large on Nick.

Really wanting to see photos.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Did you make any further attempts to contact him about your issues or was it just the one? I would be trying again before airing it out in this forum...

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
cant find under the name the "Helen Keller" built on his page ... kinda odd !?

Nick usually documents every aspect of every built ...is it call something other ?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Nick usually documents every aspect of every built ...is it call something other ?

Never heard if that one either. Hmmm

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Franko, the Helen Keller reference was a jab at Nick's skills, not the name of the build. Google Helen Keller.

But maybe you know that . . .

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
PS: allowed to vent frustrations, vendor experiences here but let’s keep it civil

(Moving Forward) That is.

Tugross302

Nick is rebuilding one of my Broncos now. So far he is
Doing a hell of a good job. He’s been nothing but professional
With me and seems like an honest hard working guy. He invited me to his shop
Last week to look over my build and eat lunch with him. I can’t wait to see it finished.
A couple suggestions he has made to me will end up saving me money over what I was going to do. He picked it up September 29 and in my opinion it is ahead of schedule from w
What I figured it would be

SoCal

Loc.
San Clemente, CA
I joined the Forum a little over a year ago when I was researching restorers to help me with a build. This is my first post but I’ve enjoyed following other builds and learning more about the Bronco community on this site. Nick is in the process of restoring a 74 for me right now - just came back from paint - and he has been extremely communicative throughout the entire process. He sends texts and pictures to keep me posted and his wife, Meredith, sends detailed invoices each month. I was out to see his shop and my truck this past summer and his builds blew me away. He spent a long time walking me through the other restorations underway, talking about different options and explaining the process. I can only speak to my experience but Nick is a good guy and he has done right by me.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Something sure sounds odd the attached picture is from his last thread 3 1/2 plus years ago it's also his newest thread besides this one ?? His Bronco looked pretty nice before it went off to Nick's shop.

Attachments

• ana2abud.jpg
    ana2abud.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 612
OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

I'll get some photos up of the issues Monday truck is at my shop now.

I'm not the only person with issues another build that was going on in tendem with mine has some issues but nothing near what I'm dealing with on my build.

Just always wonder why iphone pics are so blurry.....

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

This is pre Nicks

5465a3dd40e8b0108127af2da42ea563.jpg

35d19bbf4bd1e491232af98f18033b21.jpg

Post Nicks

a532a67341e939d6cc9f1d3e6d3d85c0.jpg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
This is pre Nicks

5465a3dd40e8b0108127af2da42ea563.jpg

35d19bbf4bd1e491232af98f18033b21.jpg

Post Nicks

a532a67341e939d6cc9f1d3e6d3d85c0.jpg

I realize you are not happy and I also realize we can't see it all in that photo, but Gawd Damn that was a bitchin ride before and really really bitchin after Nicks.

Again I know your not happy but I sure like that dang thang.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I mean if I were to drop something off to a respected restoration shop for a $100k restoration, it would look like this, not like yours...was this a frame off? Resto Mod interior? Coyote swap?

Good luck, sounds like Nick is a good dude, I'm sure it will work out.

Jeff

Attachments

• rustyBronco.jpg
    rustyBronco.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 200

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Franko, the Helen Keller reference was a jab at Nick's skills, not the name of the build. Google Helen Keller.

But maybe you know that . . .

guess I am slow too, I didn't make the connection lol

Status
Not open for further replies.